Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
I need a broom closet - need advice.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 7:17 pm
Where do you put your brooms? And mops, etc....

We leave ours on the floor. Well, they start off in a corner and then the kdis are playing with them and then I end up tripping over them all day. I would like them near the table because then I'll actually use them as opposed to if they're in the basement and I have to go get them. But we don't have a place to put them.

So, I was thinking of buying one, but I can't a) find a place to get one and b) will it be big enough?

Any advice? TIA!

Liba

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 7:27 pm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/produ.....0_i01 I have one of these, it does a great job making a place for the brooms and things. Mine is outside my front door in an area where there is a roof, so no rain. Smile

Not the prettiest of looks, but better than brooms and sponga sticks all over.

yo'ma

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 7:35 pm
My laundry room is right off the kitchen, so I leave it in there.

SingALong

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 7:45 pm
I have a similar product to the one on the link above. I stick in my brooms and mops, hang the shovel on an adjacent nail/hook, and keep the mop bucket on the floor right there. (wire shelves on top for cleaning supplies.)

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 7:58 pm
I just keep the broom and shovel in the corner behind the kitchen garbage, which is against the stove. If anyone moves the garbage, the broom and shovel do fall down, which is annoying.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 8:05 pm
Liba wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002V37ZM/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i01 I have one of these, it does a great job making a place for the brooms and things. Mine is outside my front door in an area where there is a roof, so no rain. Smile

I have this too and LOVE it. I hung it in an out-of-sight place in my kitchen.

markmywords

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 9:01 pm
I actually bought a closet: one side for broom, mop, dustpan, etc, other side has shelves for misc items such as napkins, cleaning products, candles, etc.. It keeps my things out of sight and really organized. This works if you have wall space for it in your kitchen.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 9:06 pm
Find a space that's relatively hidden (could be the back of a door) and install a broom/mop/shovel holder. Hang everything from there.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....49780

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 9:08 pm
Oops, I see that Liba and gp2.0 already mentioned that Smile

whimsy

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 9:08 pm
I have one of those hook thingies on the wall you pass to go down to the basement. this way I dont stare at it but its not too far so and looks neat.

Mimisinger

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 11:10 pm
Thanks all for your input. I was thinking about one of those hook things, but I would need to put in on the stairs and I'm nervous that if it's over there it won't be in my face enough to use it. Plus we'd have to mount it, and that would take about 6 months to happen, me doing it in the end.

The closet idea is something that I wanted but I don't really have room for it.

I guess the hook thing is the best idea so far. That's what I was thinking.

Again, thanks for your input. Anyone else?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 11:41 pm
Mimisinger wrote:
Thanks all for your input. I was thinking about one of those hook things, but I would need to put in on the stairs and I'm nervous that if it's over there it won't be in my face enough to use it. Plus we'd have to mount it, and that would take about 6 months to happen, me doing it in the end.

The closet idea is something that I wanted but I don't really have room for it.

I guess the hook thing is the best idea so far. That's what I was thinking.

Again, thanks for your input. Anyone else?
If you need something that doesn't have to be installed, you may want to use an over the door hook rack instead. Tie a little piece of rope through the holes on each broom, shovel... and hang from the hook. (I often find cheap versions of these for $2 at the dollar store.)

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.co.....47788
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics