Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Kochav Yaakov - how 'safe' is it?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 3:51 am
Hi, we are seriously considering aliyah and looking into a number of places, one of which is Kochav Yaakov. I really think that KY might be a good choice because of the mix of people there, and we as a family also dont quite fit any mold!

This is my question: how far over the green line is it? Are there ever any security incidents, infiltrations, shootings, stonings on the roads leading to KY? How far away are the closest Arab villages? If you live there, do you feel safe and secure?
TIA!

amother

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 3:56 am
I live in KY.

It takes about 15 minutes to get to from Pisgat Zev. I don't know where the green line actually starts but this give you a point of reference.

I have lived here several years and I heard of one infiltration, though I am not sure if it was an actual infiltration or they suspected one. I believe there have been attempts. Here and there there are stonings on the road out to here, but it is not right here. It is at Chizme which is just after pisgat zev. The closest arab villages are relatively close. You see them pretty much on every side. But yes, I do feel relatively safe. I mean where in Israel were there not bus bombings (none here while Jerusalem has had how many?), rockets, etc. But it feels like home here.

Feel free to ask away.

ewa-jo

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 3:58 am
We just moved here and I feel safe. (as far as Israel goes)

IMO, better to live in a yishuv with a fence and security guards and cars that patrol around the yishuv than live in Jerusalem where there are arabs 24/7 who are everywhere.

There are arab villages close by, but I think it's better to know where the arabs are, instead of seeing them waiting for the bus with you late at night.

We're happy. It's a nice community and apartment rentals are cheap and the buses come very often.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 09 2012, 10:21 pm
OP here

thanks for the responses.

ewa jo, I am so happy that you are liking! Ladies, I have no time now, but I do have some more questions for you, watch this space! TIA
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions