Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more
Fibbing about due date
Previous  1  2

Jughead

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 1:39 am
And lying about your pregnancy doesn't seem like an ayin hara to you?

I chose not to lie about my due date or the fact that I was carrying twins, because I felt that aside from not wanting to lie in general, lying was incompatible with the hakaras hatov I felt for the bracha of my pregnancy.

However, there are plenty of creative ways to answer without denying or confirming your twins. Most people will catch on and realize that they are out of line. The ones who didn't get it right away responded better to answers such as "Do you think I would tell you if it was twins?" or "I can't believe you just asked me that!" or even "That's a really personal question!" I also avoided all of the scary stories this way.

And don't kid yourself. Nosy people are rarely fooled when you lie about your due date - they just assume you're lying.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 3:17 am
Ha! Where Im from, women routinely make it seem like their due date is sooner than it really is (or say how far along they are in terms of "im in my 6th month" instead of "I am 5 months") in order to make it seem like they are carrying so small.

I immediately assumed that is what this post would be about when I saw the title. Could it be there are less demented communities when it comes to frum women and their body images????? food for thought...

sky

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 9:34 am
I give a time period. " in the fall "

SivanMom

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 9:34 pm
I was due in November and would tell people after succos, which was perfectly true, even if people did get the impression I was due sooner than I was.

zaq

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 9:45 pm
mothers who claim a much earlier due date--don't you get bombarded with "Nu? You're still around? What's happening? Did you count wrong? Shouldn't you have given birth by now? Aren't you going to be induced? It's not good too be so late, you know" long before your real due date?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 11 2012, 10:08 pm
zaq wrote:
mothers who claim a much earlier due date--don't you get bombarded with "Nu? You're still around? What's happening? Did you count wrong? Shouldn't you have given birth by now? Aren't you going to be induced? It's not good too be so late, you know" long before your real due date?

I don't think people understand quite what OP means. She is not giving a false due date. She's merely saying she will not give a due date at all, since she will inevitably be larger earlier on, and she says she will just give the month that she is expected to give birth. For a singleton a due date might be in December but for the same pregnancy if it's multiples - chances are she will give birth the month before. So all she's wondering is if anyone actually does that. It's stupid that theres not a different system to calculate a different due date for twins... honestly.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Twins, Triplets, and more