Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
How did you find a job

chicco

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 8:43 pm
I know it depends on your profession, but for those of you who chose a place to live and then looked for a job- how did you go about it?

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 10:58 pm
Job websites (monster.com, indeed.com, etc.), classified ads in the local papers, contacting all potential employers to drop off resumes and let them know I am available for hire.

Incidentally, that didn't work for me at all!

I got my job through Facebook - my boss and I have a mutual Facebook friend, and my boss liked a post I wrote on my friend's wall. I checked out her Facebook page, and turns out she was in my field and in my city! I messaged her to ask if she knew of any openings, and she said, "Well, actually, I'm looking to hire... send me your resume!" And the rest is history...

Anon because lots of people know this story!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Sep 21 2012, 2:34 am
Job websites. I looked and looked and looked. It took me about a year until I finally found something, but it was through the computer (a local yahoo list of jobs in Jerusalem)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating