Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Detroit living areas

ima25

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 5:18 pm
I've been looking for a house in Oak Park, in Michigan, but it seems I missed the market this past spring. Any thoughts on Farmington Hills or West Bloomfield? I've been warned off because of the lack of a population of Shomer shabbos families, but I do need a larger home than what is available in Oak Park...

amother

Post Sat, Sep 29 2012, 9:53 pm
What about southfield?

amother

Post Sat, Sep 29 2012, 11:41 pm
How big do you need?
What kind of area (frumwise) are you looking for?

ima25

Post Sun, Sep 30 2012, 12:14 am
I don't know much about Southfield. I would love a colonial, about 2000 square feet? four bedrooms at least and at the very least 2 bathrooms. What do you mean "frumwise?" We are Lubavitch. Is that frum? Wink

bamamama

Post Sun, Sep 30 2012, 12:28 am
ima25 wrote:
I don't know much about Southfield. I would love a colonial, about 2000 square feet? four bedrooms at least and at the very least 2 bathrooms. What do you mean "frumwise?" We are Lubavitch. Is that frum? Wink

There are a few Lubavitch people in north Oak Park (above 10 Mile). The houses on the first 3-4 streets south of 10 Mile between Greenfield and Coolidge are fairly spacious (1.5 bath on first floor is standard)- many have finished basements. My friend raised her good-sized family in one. The houses closer to 9 Mile I'm less familiar with...

amother

Post Sun, Sep 30 2012, 12:30 am
I sent you a PM Smile

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Sep 30 2012, 8:30 am
Bamamama, there are more Lubavitchers n. of 10, including the rav.
Unless you're asked to move there, I wouldn't move out of the "within walking distance of '10 or Lincoln" and Greenfield" area.
How about renting meanwhile?

ima25

Post Sun, Sep 30 2012, 8:53 am
I've thought about renting. the prices are way higher than what I'd pay for a mortgage - as much as twice. I was very anxious to move before September, but nothing worked out, so I guess I can wait and see what happens this spring. So IF the summer comes around and still nothing is happening, I can do the renting thing. If anyone hears of anything coming on the market in that very small corridor I've allowed - 10 to Lincoln, Greenfield to Coolidge, please let me know. AND id you know of anybody who goes away for the summer and would rent out their home for the time they are away, I'd consider that, too. It wouldn't have to be as large of a house, because I would probably have only a few children with me.
TIA! Good Yom Tov!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating