Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Most lightweight wig???

wonderwall

Post Sat, Nov 03 2012, 9:38 pm
Anyone have experience with more than one "higher end" brand sheitel and can testify to the most lightweight, comfortable sheitel on the market?? Fortune/Shuly/Shevy/Kiki/Rennaissance. Have a Claire and find it to be impossibly heavy, my Fortune on the other hand is incredibly lightweight but I was interested in looking into other brands.

Cookies n Cream

Post Sat, Nov 03 2012, 10:39 pm
NOT SHEVY.
I rip it off the second I get home.
My Fortune was very lightweight but it oxidized so so badly that I gave it away after a couple of years.

strivefortruth

Post Sat, Nov 03 2012, 11:46 pm
Featherlite wigs by Isadore. They have the nicest hair I have ever seen. It is the lightest wearing wig I have ever worn and the hair dries nicely on it's own when I wash it which is very important for me because I don't care to spend time styling it. I don't think they are well known in the frum world, but if you want a wig that feels light with the softest hair you have ever touched this is the place to go.

precious

Post Sun, Nov 04 2012, 1:05 pm
where can you find featherlite in brooklyn?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 4:13 am
is there a link for featherlite

strivefortruth

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 9:43 am
I don't know Confused They're on facebook and their email address is posted all over there.

Featherlite Wigs is the facebook page and the email was flhairsystems@gmail.com. I think you have to order directly from them.

wonderwall

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 1:38 pm
any other lightweight wig companies? Is featherlite european?

wonderwall

Post Mon, Nov 05 2012, 1:39 pm
By the way I found featherlite website: flhairsystems.com

theyaffabunny

Post Wed, Nov 07 2012, 3:31 pm
Featherlite is unprocessed virgin hair and I believe it's European. The featherlite website is pretty dead and useless imo; you're better off going to their facebook page where she has more information and actual pictures of the wigs. Believe me, they are amazing looking and I wish I could afford one. She also has an ebay store, I believe.

mimimom

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 1:05 pm
Funny. I find my Claires VERY comfortable...

strivefortruth

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 7:08 pm
Why is that funny?

Cookies n Cream

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 7:09 pm
mimimom wrote:
Funny. I find my Claires VERY comfortable...

Yups, Claire's are known for their leightweightness. (Is that a word?..)

jflower

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 8:32 am
I just checked out the featherlite website. There are no refunds or exchanges. I would be afraid to buy a wig online without trying it on first. I saw a listing for a $3800 22" sheitel. Who is going to buy it sight unseen without checking that the cap size & color are ok?

strivefortruth

Post Fri, Nov 09 2012, 3:14 pm
That's not true. She gives a full refund policy. If you don't like it you can keep it for 3 days and decide to send it back if you want. I also thought this, but it's just for items purchased on ebay.

You went to their website (flhairsystems.com) and read that there are no refunds? I didn't find anything written there about returns either way.

isasternhill

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 8:32 am
I'm going to jump in here because there seems to be some confusion...

I know the website is very unhelpful to retail customers:( It was built as a business to business website. We are currently working on building a retail website for our retail customers.

We specialize in the exclusive use of ultra lux virgin hair. That is the basis of the company. Every single hair replacement system, down to eyebrows, is virgin hair.

There is a 3 day return policy on all wigs purchased online. This return policy is not provided on eBay because it's not an option to provide a 3 day return policy when listing items. The minimum time frame is 14 days, at which point the wig is considered used. Unfortunately there are those who would purchase a wig just to wear to an event or vacation, only to return it when they are done:( Our return policy is made to avoid this.

Jflower - there are no $3800 listings for 22 inch wigs. It's 27 inches and would reach almost the nape of your back.

Strivefortruth - thanks for jumping in here! Reviews are the best way to get the word out on a unique and authentic product. I appreciate it:)

Any more questions, feel free to ask! I believe my email was posted here!

MamaBear

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 9:54 am
I've been drooling over Featherlite wigs for months now....I just don't need a new sheitel! But in a few years I'm seriously flying to Toronto for a sheitel vacation. Smile And, Isa, you cut soo well! Those layers in the pics are so smooth!

isasternhill

Post Sun, Nov 11 2012, 1:27 pm
Mamabear - Don't worry, we will still be here when you need one:) It's a much nicer feeling to get a fresh new wig when you really need one!

mimimom

Post Mon, Nov 12 2012, 11:29 am
strivefortruth wrote:
Why is that funny?

Ummm..because OP said her Claire was "impossibly heavy"

Cookies n Cream

Post Tue, Nov 13 2012, 10:34 am
mimimom wrote:
strivefortruth wrote:
Why is that funny?

Ummm..because OP said her Claire was "impossibly heavy"

I wonder if she meant Clary by any chance.
My mother has a Clary that is impossibly heavy.
They have tonns of hair...

Lady Elaine

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 1:51 pm
For anyone who has an issue with heavy wigs, I always recommend a lower density wig with a hand-tied cap. There is nothing more comfortable, natural, or light, IMHO! Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels