Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Good Game For Family Party?
Previous  1  2

MrsDuby

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 7:41 pm
thats adorable !!!!!! I love that idea !!

my brother in law did a similar thing for his kids 1st birthday. he put up baby pictures of every family member and everyone had to guess who was who. these kinds of games probably take more planning and time to arrange but they're so fun !!!

UQT

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 11:50 pm
My in-laws have tons of family stories that are repeated & repeated and..

We are going to have the original family up playing. The announcer starts a story. If you think you know the end, bang you hand down. If you finish correctly you get 2 points. If you have the wrong story you lose 2 points. Kids get to cheer for their parents.

One sibling lives out of country so she will be coming up with the stories, since the DIL & SIL don't know enough.

checkbefore

Post Tue, Dec 04 2012, 12:53 pm
MrsDuby wrote:
last year we did the Sisters / Newlyweds game. Theres a few married couples - and the teen siblings paired up and the little kids paired up... it was a lot of fun !!!! I dont mind sharing the file (I collected them / made them up - so they're all kosher and appropriate

Can you share the questions?

amother

Post Tue, Dec 04 2012, 2:42 pm
We played a wonderful game. I don't remember the exact questions but it went like this. It's a game that u play separately. We played it like this. Before the party all the husbands were asked questions, like what does ur wife say when u get home? Etc. and then it was read to all the wives and there was a lot of laughter... To see what the husbands think about their wives. It was a ball.

lkwdmommy

Post Tue, Dec 04 2012, 3:01 pm
a quick, easy game (nothing major):

Best if no one knows beforehand what the game is about.

Hand out index cards to each person and instruct them to write down ONE WORD (any word that comes to their mind). Then shuffle the cards and redistribute them and each person needs to write a sentence using that word. The sentence needs to be about someone or something specific. (e.g. in our game, everyone had to write about Zeidy. So, when my DD got the word BABY, she wrote "Man and Lady, Adult and Baby, We are all crazy over our Zeidy". Someone got the word TWO so he wrote "Zeidy has two great-grandaughters.") We got one person to read all the cards-it went faster that way - and we all got a few good laughs.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 05 2012, 12:14 pm
amother wrote:
We played a wonderful game. I don't remember the exact questions but it went like this. It's a game that u play separately. We played it like this. Before the party all the husbands were asked questions, like what does ur wife say when u get home? Etc. and then it was read to all the wives and there was a lot of laughter... To see what the husbands think about their wives. It was a ball.

Wow. Not funny.

mommyhood

Post Wed, Dec 05 2012, 1:46 pm
I played a game at a party where the host put pictures of logos on a piece of paper (just the picture not the name) and numbered them. Everyone had to guess the logos and the person who got the most right won a prize. You don't have to have a prize, it's just fun to see if you can recognize the logos without the name attached.
Use logos like: Starbucks, target, tasters choice.
It's better if the paper is a color copy but you can hand out black n white and have one color copy to share.

mfb

Post Wed, Dec 05 2012, 3:02 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

Wow. Not funny.

I found that with games like these the person being spoken about is usually not amused

chavel10

Post Wed, Dec 05 2012, 4:11 pm
I think "Pin the Flame" is an exciting twist to the good old pin the tail and fits great with the Chanukah theme Here is a link http://www.youpingit.com/Pin_t......htm. Another great Jewish game is Taboo click on link for a great price http://www.youpingit.com/Jewis.....1.htm.

Blueberry Muffin

Post Wed, Dec 05 2012, 5:44 pm
great ideas!
I luv the zoomed in photo guessing game one!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics