Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Should I get it fixed or get a new one

abby1776

Post Thu, Dec 06 2012, 3:35 pm
I have a sheitel that is 7 years old, but its good quality and a good cut and I am not necessarily looking to replace it. However, I have noticed that the "scalp" part is flaking away? I am not sure how to describe it - but it certainly does look like a real scalp (as much as if could) anymore. So I have stopped wearing it.

I am trying to decide whether to have it repaired or get a new one. I have had the "scalp" replaced on a different sheitel and it cost $500. I know you cannot get a great quality sheitel for $500, but I see adds all the time for wigs sales for as low as $300. The sheitel I am talking about is a custom sheitel that I originally paid alot of money for 7 years ago (over $2k). I cannot spend that much again, but it seems since it was so expensive then maybe I should get it fixed.

Thought?

calaflower

Post Thu, Dec 06 2012, 3:45 pm
the best thing I've done in that situation is to make the wig into a band fall-same beautiful hair, no worries about the scalp, and it costs much less! that is if you are into falls....

abby1776

Post Thu, Dec 06 2012, 5:34 pm
This sheital has been cut in such a way that a band fall wouldnt work. But it is a good idea.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 06 2012, 8:26 pm
I find that shaitels are never as good once repaired.
$500 sounds like to much to repair any shaitel. And I would def not put that much money into a 7 year old wig.
Use the wig with a hat, with a scarf tied on top, in the rain... Don't add more money to it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels