Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Stopped losing weight? What gives?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 1:29 pm
I just started a diet. Within the first week I lost 7.5 pounds. It's been SEVERAL days since the weight-loss, but I haven't lost weight since. Am I doing something wrong? Were the first pounds lost just a fluke? Anyone experience anything like this. When will my weight-loss continue. It seems to have stalled. Sad

Feeling a bit discouraged...

nyer1

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 3:41 pm
what kind of diet are you on? you need something sustainable. I suggest weighwatchers. I lost 50 lbs b4 my pregnancy and the first 20 were from that. you can even do it while nursing. its not a crash diet, it just shows you what to eat, and how much of it. portion control is KEY.

expect that you will have ups, downs and plateaus while dieting. its normal!

hatzlacha... keep working at it, and exercise!

Happy18

Post Mon, Dec 10 2012, 4:06 pm
What diet are you on?

amother

Post Wed, Dec 12 2012, 10:57 am
op here

I'm not on any specific "diet." I just cut out snacks in-between meals, and eat earlier, lighter dinners. I drink a lot. I'm exercising. Still no weight loss. I'm feeling very discouraged...

Vegieburger

Post Wed, Dec 12 2012, 11:21 am
You can use a site like myfitnesspal.com to log your food and exercise. It helps give you a clear picture of what you are eating and calories in/calories out.

nyer1

Post Wed, Dec 12 2012, 11:41 am
I took a nutrition class in my last year of college as an elective and one of the things she talked about most is portion control.. NOT the same thing as serving size! so, just because a serving size is 10 crackers, doesn't mean u should eat all 10! protein should be the size of your palm, and the rest of your plate should be a 2:1 ratio of greens / veggies to starch

etky

amother wrote:
I just started a diet. Within the first week I lost 7.5 pounds. It's been SEVERAL days since the weight-loss, but I haven't lost weight since. Am I doing something wrong? Were the first pounds lost just a fluke? Anyone experience anything like this. When will my weight-loss continue. It seems to have stalled. Sad

Feeling a bit discouraged...

7.5 pounds is a huge amount to lose in one week! That said, a part of it is water weight which is what you initially lose on many diets when you dramatically restrict calorie intake. You can't realistically expect to lose that amount each week. About 2 pounds a week is a good rate to aim for. Just be patient, continue restricting calories and you'll start losing again - just not at that rate. Keep up the exercise too.

nyer1

I took a nutrition class in my last year of college as an elective and one of the things she talked about most is portion control.. NOT the same thing as serving size! so, just because a serving size is 10 crackers, doesn't mean u should eat all 10! protein should be the size of your palm, and the rest of your plate should be a 2:1 ratio of greens / veggies to starch. weight watcher as I mentioned would help with this

fiddle

Post Wed, Dec 12 2012, 11:52 am
change up your exercise, and increase your water intake

chani8

Post Wed, Dec 12 2012, 12:30 pm
Don't despair, and only check yourself once a week, is the advice I see given.

But I read that if you want to lose weight, you have to burn more calories than you eat.

I started to stall on my weight loss and cut more calories, and it worked. But it was hard to maintain such low calories during chanuka, so I gave up, until next week, when I'll go back to a lower calorie diet.

I also keep track of my calories online, at myfitnesspal.com . It really helps get your diet organized and clear when you keep track of your food intake.

amother

Post Wed, Dec 12 2012, 1:01 pm
Thanks for all the encouragement and advice! I keep thinking, "since I'm not losing weight, maybe I SHOULD have eaten that delicious looking homemade doughnut at the dinner party!"

Another problem I have is weighing myself every day! I can't help it. I almost want dh to hide the scale from me. How do I refrain from weighing myself so often?

nyer1

Post Wed, Dec 12 2012, 1:03 pm
I usually commit one day to weigh. I like monday mornings. always feels like a fresh start. u will see more of a difference from one week to the next if u weigh in only one time per week
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise