Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media
Wdyt of posting photos of you on fb without your knowledge?

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 4:55 pm
this evening I was looking though photos of a friend of mine. she posted 170 photos of menorahs here in town. as im clicking away I see my hasidish sil house the curtains open and you can see right into that room. not once but 3 photos and one with her children. and one with her house number.

I know that she has asked me not to post photos of her on my fb and I dont. she does not have a computer in her house. Ive tried to reach her to ask her if I should write a message to my friend and ask her nicely to remove them.

What do you think. Can anyone just post photos of you on fb with out your permission or even knowledge of them talking a photo of you?

Barbara

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 5:00 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
this evening I was looking though photos of a friend of mine. she posted 170 photos of menorahs here in town. as im clicking away I see my hasidish sil house the curtains open and you can see right into that room. not once but 3 photos and one with her children. and one with her house number.

I know that she has asked me not to post photos of her on my fb and I dont. she does not have a computer in her house. Ive tried to reach her to ask her if I should write a message to my friend and ask her nicely to remove them.

What do you think. Can anyone just post photos of you on fb with out your permission or even knowledge of them talking a photo of you?

Can she post them? Yes. If they were taken from the street. She's only showing what anyone walking by could see. That's what blinds are for.

Should she? No.

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 5:11 pm
Barbara wrote:
rainbow dash wrote:

Can she post them? Yes. If they were taken from the street. She's only showing what anyone walking by could see. That's what blinds are for.

Should she? No.

thats a good point. didn't think of that.

Learning

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 5:17 pm
I think if I am not mistaken there is a Halacha that you are not alowed to look at somebody's window even if it is open. So no she is not alowed to take picture of the inside of sil house.

sleepwalking

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 5:17 pm
I always wondered about that. I had once a professional photographer putting pictures of my kids on Facebook without my permission and when I asked her to take it off she wasn't to happy but did it anyway. And then there is someone who happens to like to make pictures of people walking on the street and putting it on Facebook is that allowed?

yo'ma

Post Thu, Dec 13 2012, 5:28 pm
Barbara wrote:

Should she? No.

Normally I would agree this. The blinds are open, it's the nighttime, and you have the lights on, of course everyone can see in and if you don't like it, close the curtains. BUT it's chanukah and what are they supposed to do? I would understand if someone who wasn't jewish to say the blinds are open, we can look in, but a jew who understands why they're open, uh, uh!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices -> Social Media