Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
ISO Midwest Jewish community
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 10:58 am
no one here mentioned minneapolis Smile the community is about 200 families. The main shul is bais yisroel which is yeshivish, but people come from all backgrounds. It is the largest shul and were most families go. There is kennesset Israel which is a bit more modern and I think the population is becoming older.
Then there is a break off called darchei noam which is apprantly mo but I think very mo, but they are fairly new so I dont know much.

We have a nice Jewish day school called torah academy. It has programs for 18 month through 8th grade. Boys and girls are together until either 2nd or 3rd grade.
There is a nice bais yaakov and A BRAND NEW YESHIVA!! yay our boys dont have to go out of town anymore!

kosher food is available and in the next couple months we are getting a new flieshig restertaunt, cafe and kosher food store.
we also have 2 kosher co-ops so you can order anything you cant find here.

we have a nice kollel an aish and many programs for everyone.

there are a few chabad families and I think a chabad minyan a couple times a month. and our neighboring city of st paul has a very large chabad community. (where manis fried is from).

there are houses and apartments in the eiruv.

its really wonderful here. many people from all walks of life. all ages and backgrounds

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 10:58 am
no one here mentioned minneapolis Smile the community is about 200 families. The main shul is bais yisroel which is yeshivish, but people come from all backgrounds. It is the largest shul and were most families go. There is kennesset Israel which is a bit more modern and I think the population is becoming older.
Then there is a break off called darchei noam which is apprantly mo but I think very mo, but they are fairly new so I dont know much.

We have a nice Jewish day school called torah academy. It has programs for 18 month through 8th grade. Boys and girls are together until either 2nd or 3rd grade.
There is a nice bais yaakov and A BRAND NEW YESHIVA!! yay our boys dont have to go out of town anymore!

kosher food is available and in the next couple months we are getting a new flieshig restertaunt, cafe and kosher food store.

there are a few chabad families and I think a chabad minyan a couple times a month. and our neighboring city of st paul has a very large chabad community. (where manis fried is from).

its really wonderful here. many people from all walks of life. all ages and backgrounds

wispalover

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 11:11 am
amother wrote:

Just curious- what does the bolded mean? What's difference between 'MO' and 'very MO'?

nacs

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 11:37 am
Cincinnati is in transition. Ask a lot of questions before considering it

MrsDash

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 11:56 am
I vote South Bend Wink

Kosher deli (and grocery store), parve bakery, krispy kreme, and a shabbos in a box program once a month.

The hebrew day school starts at PK3, and goes all the way up to 8th grade. There's a girls high school, and a boys high school yeshiva.

The people here are very warm, friendly, and welcoming. There's a whole mix of frum families here. Pretty much covers every end of the spectrum. From the summer time until now, 7+ frum families moved to town. Smile

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 2:55 pm
sorry. dont know why I wrote "very mo". I know they call themselves mo, but they send their kids to the conservative day school and I THINK, (this could be unfounded, but I was told) that women lain from the Torah and other such things, they currently rent a church basement as the shul. I really dont know too much abt them.
they are however building a brand new shul directly across from bais yisroel. It looks nice Smile

also op, I forgot to mention that there are plenty of jobs and major companys here.
what type of employment would you be looking for?

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 3:09 pm
What about Denver? Is that considered midwest? What's the community like there?

Shopmiami49

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 3:38 pm
nacs wrote:
Cincinnati is in transition. Ask a lot of questions before considering it

meaning?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 3:43 pm
My suspicion, but I am not sure if this is what she means, is that one of the shuls is getting a new Rabbi and there may be politics involved in figuring out where people want to associate now. I am not sure.

I'm also quite curious Smile

amother

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 3:54 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
My suspicion, but I am not sure if this is what she means, is that one of the shuls is getting a new Rabbi and there may be politics involved in figuring out where people want to associate now. I am not sure.

I'm also quite curious Smile
Yes, Golf Manor just hired a new rabbi. One used to working with folks across the left-right spectrum and a good track record in Cincinnati. http://americanisraelite.com/archives/22202. I expect it to reduce politics. Disclosure: I belonged to his prior congregation and will be joining Golf Manor as a result of the change.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 31 2012, 4:26 pm
How nice for you Smile

I hope it works out well for him and the congregation.

We knew him before he moved there, and I think he will be a good person to revive the shul.

nacs

Post Tue, Jan 01 2013, 9:40 pm
I actually was not referring to the newest hire who I agree is a superstar and has the potential to bring people together -

amother

Post Wed, Jan 02 2013, 5:34 pm
Have you researched Houston, TX?
relocatehouston.org

http://kosherhouston.org/

yihouston.org
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating