Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Help me pick which moving truck and company? Options

amother

Post Wed, Jan 16 2013, 3:30 pm
We are organizing a cross country move, and very quickly.
I need some advice on which combination of services and trucks to go with.

Thus far when we've moved we have used the PODS company and ABF trucks, which bring you a pod/truck to fill up, pick it up, and drop it off. We hired movers to help us pack our stuff and move it to the truck/pod, and pack the truck so it won't break.

The first time with a pod and good movers loading nothing broke. Long move.
The second time with ABF and very bad movers loading (they did a terrible job) quite a few things broke. Not as long move.

Now is number three.

My options are:
about $900 or more for ABF truck
about $1700 with Broadway trucks, which have some system that makes things bounce less. The driver also helps you pack it for about $20 an hour, so that's helpful, and they have some ropes and such, though we have too.

Then we can get either
company #1 to pack things for about $900. We found them online, and also found lots of unfavorable reports about them.
company #2 We don't have a figure from them yet, but they come highly recommended. But might be much more expensive.

Company #1 will also do the whole thing, including driving and unloading, for a bit over $2000, but again, the worry is that they have complaints and not compliments online.

Finally, there is also a hireahelper website a friend of mine used. We can't call the people directly, but they have positive reviews online, and my friend thought that they were ok to good. Not sure for how much time Id book them for, and not sure whether they can pack our belongings properly.

We have to start deciding today pretty much. And finalize by tomorrow.

Any advice? Please????

Note that we have a few items we really care about, but otherwise... For the amount of money we'll have spent on moving we could rebuy everything we own and still come out on top.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 16 2013, 5:16 pm
Bump.

Please?????
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating