Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
How to pkg soup

amother

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 7:25 am
I decided to do soup and challah rolls this year. For those of you who have done it, what do I pour it in? Ideas for nice containers that I can order online?

Also, my son wants to be a chef. Where can I find a costume and what can I do for my non walking younger baby to match?

Tova

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 7:39 am
Just one thing to consider - the 2 minim need to be ready to eat. I do not know if (cold) soup needs to be heated up qualifies. I have thought about this idea in the past but never asked about it. In terms of packaging, I would use those round clear containers with lids (like you would get at a takeout place).

abcd123

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 8:35 am
I would use mason jars instead of the plastic takeout containers. Looks prettier IMHO. They come in a few different sizes as well. Depending where you live, you may be able to find them in your local housewares store, or else places like Target also carry them.
I actually have an adult size chef outfit that Ive been tring to sell(not really a costume, its the real deal - but can be used as a costume as well). let me know if you are interested. maybe your DH wants to join in the theme?

Raisin

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 8:40 am
you can also get those pour and store soup bags. Just seal them well and carry carefully.

cold soup is certainly edible and nutritious, just like cold kugel, cold meat, cold cooked vegetables. It just tastes better hot. (even bread tastes better warmed)

ez-pass

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 8:57 am
Either the plastic containers or a thermos made to keep things warm.

Tova

Post Sun, Jan 20 2013, 9:05 am
Raisin wrote:
you can also get those pour and store soup bags. Just seal them well and carry carefully.

cold soup is certainly edible and nutritious, just like cold kugel, cold meat, cold cooked vegetables. It just tastes better hot. (even bread tastes better warmed)

Halachically it's not whether it's edible or not. It's whether it's "ready to eat." I admit I never asked specifically about this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics