Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Case for Kindle Fire

little_mage

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 2:09 pm
I need a toddler proof case for my Kindle fire. I've been looking at the Otterbox, but is it really worth the money?
Thanks for the ideas!

mirror

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 3:05 pm
Read the reviews on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Defender.....+fire

Fox

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 3:27 pm
Especially check reviews for how it holds up over time. I have a standing case (not an Otterbox) that I liked initially, but it didn't hold up (or stand up!) over time. Though I did a double-take when I saw the price, having a good case that stands up (especially if you watch videos on it) is a huge deal.

I'm not sure anything is truly toddler-proof, though. The average little linoleum lizard can probably disassemble the case and be downloading the latest Arthur and Dora the Explorer before you know it.

little_mage

Post Fri, Feb 15 2013, 2:31 pm
Fox wrote:
Especially check reviews for how it holds up over time. I have a standing case (not an Otterbox) that I liked initially, but it didn't hold up (or stand up!) over time. Though I did a double-take when I saw the price, having a good case that stands up (especially if you watch videos on it) is a huge deal.

I'm not sure anything is truly toddler-proof, though. The average little linoleum lizard can probably disassemble the case and be downloading the latest Arthur and Dora the Explorer before you know it.

Fair enough. One of the reasons I got a kindle though, instead of something else, was the built in parental controls it comes with. When I said toddler-proof, what I really want is something so that when he inevitably grabs it and throws it, it won't break. Or even when I drop it, since that's probably only a matter of time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics