Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Ben chamesh lamikra

amother

Post Wed, Feb 27 2013, 4:10 pm
My son is turning 5 and since it is a special milestone, we would like to make the celebration more special.

any ideas on how to empasize ahavas hatorah and yiras shamayim, etc?

We will make a torah cake, a beautiful crown to wear, nice decorations, peckalach...what else?

Oh, and we are giving him a table-top shtender (he looooves my dh's!) to start learning a sefer bchavrusa with his tatty every shabbos..

amother

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 4:41 am
bump...

anonymom

Post Thu, Feb 28 2013, 10:41 pm
What you're doing sounds beautiful and like more than enough to make him feel special. If you tell him that he is 5 and the word chumash means 5 and now he is old enough to learn chumash, I'm sure he'll be feeling 5 miles tall.

amother

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 2:15 am
Well, we made a beautiful party on Shabbos. We decorated the table with a maroon and gold runner and decorated his chair with gorgeous glod and maroon fabric draped all over it. I made him a beautiful crown , gold and silver with a torah hanging down in the middle and "Ben chamesh lamikrah" written in gold puff paint. My dh took him to the rosh yeshiva to get a bracha and when they came back we sang "yamim al yemei melech toisif" and lifted him up on his chair. We sang a lot of torah songs and danced and then read all the brachos from the sefer torah brachos booklet I made for him. We also hung up a gorgeous poster with a picture of a sefer torah taht said mazel tov (also made it). Then we brought out the cake (ice cream jelly roll style cakes and in the middle, a frosted white cake with the aleph bais) and while we were eating it, we gave him the table top shtender, which he was THRILLED with.

It was really beautiful and a great experience, so if anyone has a son turning five, I hope this hekps if you need ideas!

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, Mar 04 2013, 4:12 am
wow your all such GREAT moms! he must have felt so so special.
I just got so inspired.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children