Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
DL Communities NOT in West Bank
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 9:08 am
amother wrote:
amother wrote:
Boruch Hashem, it looks like we will most likely be making aliyah this summer!

When we were on our pilot trip, the community that most appealed to us was Efrat. We loved the lifestyle, the crowd, the community, etc.

I was wondering is there a similar community to efrat in any other part of Israel? The reason I ask is because in all honesty, I am a little scared of living in the West Bank. I know this attitude might bother some people, but the thought of moving to an area of Israel that seems so conflicted (moreso, than other parts) concerns me.

I live in Efrat. I understand your apprehension and it is legitimate, especially when moving to Israel from abroad. We moved here 3 weeks before the outburst of the 2nd intifada. I have to say that given everything - the very hard time that was then as well as the continued security concerns - this was the most wonderful decision we ever made in our lives. I can't even begin to assess the positive impact this move has made on our lives and that of our children.
Yes, the security situation is the fly in the ointment. We are, be'ezrat hashem, looking forward to a day when that will no longer be a problem. In the meantime, supported by a bit of faith as well as a certain degree of denial, we are here....

OP here... Thanks so much - I love your reply.

The more I think of it, the more I feel like it might be too much for me personally, coupled with a huge move from abroad, language learning curve, etc.

I think I am leaning perhaps towards Modiin, it seem that it will fit our needs (and my comfort level) a little better. At least in the beginning.

September June

Post Mon, Apr 08 2013, 7:59 pm
Here is a very entertaining blog about a family that made Aliyah to Modiin Aliyah by Accident. Read her earlier posts, it may help you get more of a feel of the city.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions