Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Breakfast Cookies
Previous  1  2

mha3484

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 9:27 am
Banana wrote:
Whole Grain Breakfast Cookies

Ingredients (Original recipe makes 18 cookies)

1 cup walnuts
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (not instant)
1/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup ground flax meal
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup blue agave nectar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried cherries
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.

Pulse the walnuts in a food processor several times to chop; continue processing until the walnuts are ground into flour; transfer to a bowl. Mix in the rolled oats, whole wheat flour, flax meal, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon until thoroughly combined.

Combine the almond butter, canola oil, agave nectar, brown sugar, egg, and vanilla extract in the food processor and process a few seconds to blend the ingredients well; transfer the almond butter mixture to a large bowl and fold in the dried cherries and chocolate chips. Mix the walnut-oatmeal mixture into the almond butter mixture (dough will be very thick).

Scoop up heaping teaspoons of dough, and form into balls; lay the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.

Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flatten the cookies with a spatula. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to finish cooling on wire racks.

From allrecipes.com

These are fantastic! Thank you for posting. They are good fresh and frozen.

rise above

Post Wed, Apr 10 2013, 10:11 am
Quote:

Elana Mizrahi posted a couple of great healthy recipes here http://www.chabad.org/library/.....t.htm - I usually make monster carrot cookies- they are delicious and no-one believes they don't have sugar in- the poppy-seed ones are also fantastic...

The carrot cookies look good. Do you think I can use sugar free maple syrup? I know it's not totally healthy and pure, but it's less calories.

That link doesn't work for me.
Is this the same recipe?
http://www.chabad.org/library/.....s.htm

My kids like carrot muffins to healthy carrot cookies sounds like a great idea- I never thought of it for some reason and have never seen a recipe for it either
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking