Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Scammed on EBAY! Feel stupid!

amother

Post Sun, Apr 14 2013, 7:09 pm
This is what I thought I bought.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stentu.....80a27

But then I got an email saying:

Quote:
Sorry I just made a mistake and refunded you instead of my another client , I sent an invoice to your paypal account to pay it again , sorry for any inconvenience . I will send tracking # as soon as I receive your payment again .

I made the second payment, but realized it was another paypal account.

I was suspicious, so I looked under sold listings and found one identical to mine:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stentu.....6f658

I contacted the original seller of original listing and this was her response:

Quote:
Mine was legitimate. I sold it to a business in Florida. Who ever you dealt with must have copied my picture.

So now I have to print out copies of listings and emails and make a police report and submit it to my bank.

Shooting Arrow

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Apr 14 2013, 7:13 pm
Call eBay customer service and talk to a living person. Explain. EBay owns Paypal. The person will let you know what to do next.

Not to beat a dead horse but next time check Paypal to see if you have actually been refunded.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 14 2013, 7:15 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Call eBay customer service and talk to a living person. Explain. EBay owns Paypal. The person will let you know what to do next.

Not to beat a dead horse but next time check Paypal to see if you have actually been refunded.

Yes, she did refund me the money, and said it was a mistake. So I made another payment, but she set it up to go through a different paypal account, so I have no way to complain.

I will call ebay, thanks.

amother

Post Sun, Apr 14 2013, 7:39 pm
Update:

Dolly, you saved me a trip to the police department!!! Very Happy

I contacted ebay (5 was paypal) and spoke to a live person from paypal. 866-877-3229

My money was refunded to my credit card today. Then I was connected to someone else to file a complaint. I read off the ID numbers from both listings and the woman agreed that the second listing was a copy of the first, and that action will be taken against the seller. Tongue Out

All the emails were through ebay, so I told her that the original seller sold it to a person in Florida, and there is no way this person (located in sweden) has the item.

Thanks so much! I can't believe I spoke to two live people! Ice cream

MrsButterfly

Post Sun, Apr 14 2013, 7:59 pm
The first seller has 0 reviews. Be careful!

Always read reviews.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sun, Apr 14 2013, 9:06 pm
Ah!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics