Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I hate being poor
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

mirror

Post Sat, Mar 30 2013, 11:45 pm
amother wrote:

Dh's parents surprised us with a new computer (that we obviously didnt ask for) so now we can't ask them for help.

We are just so miserable right now.

You can still ask them for help.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 31 2013, 12:18 am
OPINIONATED wrote:
amother wrote:
I need someone to make me feel ok.

So the one getting married is marrying rich. They want to keep their wedding money in savings so they are asking both sides for money. We didn't get a flipping penny and neither of us was working. They are getting sterling silver cutlery, 10,000 dollar ring, 2,000 dollar candlesticks and they are of course entitled to keep their savings so they can have a down payment on a house while we continue to go hungry. Things have been awful lately even they were supposed to be better. I don't know how to calm down I keep getting so angry, I feel like we do everything right and try so hard and we keep getting shafted.

Also I lost a family member and someone very close to me is very sick again. My life has been constant downs and the kallah gets to be a spoiled brat who has to worry about dipping into savings.

Some people are never happy no matter how much they have. I know you are jealous, and you have a right to be, but don't think she's happier because of all the nice things she has.

I respect wealthy people, but some are overly concerned with what impressions they make on others and what others are saying about them. When you put yourself in the limelight, you can expect to be the topic of many conversations.

I know this on some level. But we are poor and my mother has cancer. I have a sibling who is chronically ill and my family has been seriously affected by infertility and mental illness. Ad kan?

Kallah was broken up because the chossons sons parents weren't going to give her expensive enough silver candlesticks Rolling Eyes so of course they give in.

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Mar 31 2013, 1:33 am
OP, the only person that can make YOU happy is... Y-O-U!

STYOP looking outside to see what other people have and start looking INSIDE.

You need to make a GRATITUDE list every morning with FIVE things in your life that you are grateful for. Do this for 30 days and hopefully your attitude will change.

Are your children healthy?
Are you healthy?
Is yopur spouse healthy?
Are you living in a shelter?
Does your husband beat you?

I know life SEEMS challenging by rest assured you have a lot in your life to be grateful for.

Life can change in a a moment.

The more you live your life in gratitude the happier you will be.

chani8

Post Sun, Mar 31 2013, 4:19 am
I would word it differently, ValleyMom, but yeah, a gratitude attitude does help alleviate emotional pain, no matter what the cause of it.

amother

Post Sun, Mar 31 2013, 11:05 am
The gratitude stuff was a lot easier before everyone around me got sick. The way I got through financial struggles before was by thinking at least everyone is healthy and I have family that loves me. Jokes on me.

chani8

Post Sun, Mar 31 2013, 11:08 am
amother wrote:
The gratitude stuff was a lot easier before everyone around me got sick. The way I got through financial struggles before was by thinking at least everyone is healthy and I have family that loves me. Jokes on me.

Hug Hug

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Mar 31 2013, 12:04 pm
Deleted.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Jan 11 2016, 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

yoshsmom

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 3:00 pm
Im new here. My family is struggling financially, too. My husband lost his job last year and only recently found a part time job. I also work part time because I need a flexible schedule to be available for my wonderful son with down syndrome. We are getting by on an inheritance from my father in law, who passed away but that money is running out. I do early intervention and my hours depend on students being available and on families keeping their appointments. I try very hard to trust that Hashem will take care of us but it is hard not to worry. My son has been accepted to Camp HASC for the second summer and we haven't been able to find an organization to help us pay for it. If anyone knows of a group I can contact for help, I would really appreciate it. We live in northern NJ.

mummy1985

Post Mon, Apr 15 2013, 3:49 pm
yoshmom I think you should stat a new thread with a new title, you'll probably have a better chance finding the help you need, really hope someone can help you on here
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics