Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
No sugar-something sweet?
Previous  1  2  3

freidasima

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 4:01 pm
I did it for a year and a half (no gluten, no sugars, very little fruit, no dairy, and for a long time no meat, fish or poultry) and there are tons of things you can eat:

Here's just a short list - oats, quinoa, kasha, buckwheat flour (which makes great bread and cakes without sugar), eggs, vegetables of all kinds, tart apples, berries. Rice, rice crackers, tofu,

Breakfast - oatmeal with soy milk and a grated tart apple on top with tons of cinnamon
eggs and salad and rice crackers
rice crackers and avocado spread or homemade tofu spread
buckwheat pancakes (eggs, buckwheat flour, soy milk, baking powder) with almond butter on top

Lunch - any of the breakfasts and if you eat meat or fish or poultry, that and a side helping of rice or kasha and a big salad. If no meat/fish or poultry then save your eggs for lunch or make a giant lentil and pearl barley soup and have it every day for lunch with gluten free bread or homemade waffles from buckwheat (buckwheat will become your best friend, I used to buy the organic buckwheat flour in bulk)

Dinner = sauteed veg stir fry in Tamari (gluten free) sauce with cubes of tofu.
latkes with homemade apple sauce made from boiled tart apples and cinnamon
baked sweet potato stuffed with tuna fish.

Lots and lots of possibilities.

The day that you begin to add a bit of fruit you will be SOOOOO happy, it will be the biggest present in the world to eat an orange or a tangerine or a banana.

Make sure you get your vitamins. Remember that yellow and red and orange peppers have tons of Vitamin C you don't need oranges for it. Take B12 supplements if you are going vegetarian. You can do it, and lose tons of weight and feel better and be healthier.

thankyou

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 6:45 pm
Fs-
I'm amazed. I'm going to try out some (or one) of your breakfast ideas tomorrow and the rest next week. I could never think of pancakes with no sugar but you have solutions for almost anything. I can't wait to try it!
Why buckwheat and not regular whole wheat though?
Thanks again this is more helpful than you can imagine. No one around me is on such diet and the food ideas I was able to find online were so limited, I though I would eat the same few meals for the next few months.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking