Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Moving

wtr

Post Wed, Apr 24 2013, 10:09 pm
I'm hoping someone out there has some great information for me. In 2 years, my husband and I would like to retire and move to a small community. We live in los angeles, California and want a gentler lifestyle. My husband will need a p place to learn or with partners, I'd like to be active in the community. We have always rented but my husband would live to own a home. So we need a community that has affordable homes as well. This summer we would like to take a road trip to see some communities. Any words of wisdom wood be greatly appreciated.

brbs

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 8:33 am
I live in Phoenix. We have affordable housing and schools. A great community kollel. Many of the families are yound with young children but my parents also moved here after they retired and they fit in here as well.

We are a 6 hour drive drom LA. Let me know if you want to come visit.

wtr

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 9:01 am
Thank you for your reply. Phoenix is great, just too hot for us. I visited once and although we live in Los Angeles, I couldn't deal with the heat. But thank you again.

amother

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 9:27 am
Do you have family, extended or otherwise?

wtr

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 6:45 pm
I do have children. My oldest lives in Tucson, I have 3 daughters living at home. We don't know where they will be in 2 years time. 2 are of marriage age, and my youngest will graduate 12th grade this year, so we don't know if she will move with us. 2 of my daughters feel they really will like to move, but my older daughter wants to get married and where she goes is up in the air. I also have a son in the US military, he also doesn't know what his plans will be in 2 years. We are kind of in a transition state. 4 out of my 5 children don't know where they will be, and I need to work 2 more years before I retire. My husband and I want to see what our options might be. Sorry this is so long.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 7:56 pm
wtr wrote:
I do have children. My oldest lives in Tucson, I have 3 daughters living at home. We don't know where they will be in 2 years time. 2 are of marriage age, and my youngest will graduate 12th grade this year, so we don't know if she will move with us. 2 of my daughters feel they really will like to move, but my older daughter wants to get married and where she goes is up in the air. I also have a son in the US military, he also doesn't know what his plans will be in 2 years. We are kind of in a transition state. 4 out of my 5 children don't know where they will be, and I need to work 2 more years before I retire. My husband and I want to see what our options might be. Sorry this is so long.

Not long at all. I'm trying to remember why I thought of going amother for my previous post.
A lot of people at retirement age might do well to relocate near family, but you are blessed to be able to retire at a different stage in life, I'm assuming. I wish you hatzlacha and I'm sure you'll be an asset to whatever community you move to.

ETA: I think I went amother in case I ended up getting into personal info re older relatives who might have done well moving earlier than they did.

wtr

Post Thu, Apr 25 2013, 8:10 pm
Thank you. You are very sweet. Have a good Shabbos.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating