Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Long hair or short hair under sheitel

abby1776

Post Fri, Oct 22 2010, 2:09 am
Over the years I have gone back and forth - cutting my hair short/growing it long. Which is the best way for wearing a sheitel? Is it better to cut your hair short so that the sheitel lies flat and there isnt a bump, or is it better to grow hair long and put it up. I cannot decide. I think I like long hair better for tying scarves, but short hair for sheitels. My hair now is at a point where it really needs to be cut, but I am tempted to grow it long again.
Thoughts?

gold21

Post Fri, Oct 22 2010, 2:20 am
Shoulder length is probably ideal. The pony is small so minimal shaitel bump, and long enough for scarves.

sgr

Post Fri, Oct 22 2010, 2:26 am
Just long enough to go into a pony and not have short hair sticking out of my tichel!just got a really cute haircut Smile

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Oct 22 2010, 10:49 am
It depends on many factors, all which are nogayah to you and your lifestyle.

Short hair has to be pretty short so it doesn't stick out, or show in the back or under a snood. I find that to keep my hair the right length, means cutting it at least once every 3 mos.

To wear hair pinned back or up, you gotta have at least chin or jaw length, all the way around, and that's not comfortable for everyone. And, if you cover after a shower or bath, it's cold !!!

mha3484

Post Fri, Oct 22 2010, 1:46 pm
I keep mine between my chin and shoulders. The sheital bump is pretty minimal and it looks good under a tichel.

ididit

Post Sun, Oct 24 2010, 11:49 pm
kept my hair shoulder length for years. I have thin hair, so I didn't have a thick pony. however, one summer, I was so hot and miserable, I cut it all off----buzz cut!
and I haven't gone back.

I also noticed that my sheitels fit so much better with short hair. I looked at pictures of myself, and it was obviously so much better. I didn't think it made a difference, but those pictures don't lie!

Shana_H

Post Mon, May 13 2013, 8:24 pm
Shoulder length works for us, its long enough to go into a pony, but short enough to lay flat under a shaitel.

rachelbg

Post Mon, May 13 2013, 9:51 pm
I keep mine below shoulder-length.

Under a sheitle I braid it and flip it inside, no problem.

For a scarf look I make a bun in the back, because I like a full look.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels