Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why do we do this?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Fri, May 17 2013, 2:26 pm
amother wrote:
I am not the above amother, however I do know of this case and I also do know that no BD ever concluded that he was guilty.
It was actually the very BD that originally permitted the father to inform authorities that came out against him for lying to them.
Also I know several women who's husbands were campers of this man and for some reason all his campers are quite skeptical that he was guilty.
The saddest thing is that our children end up being the worse off.
There was a time in the 80's that there were a series of "abuse" accusations in non-jewish pre-schools.
Many people were found guilty and locked up.
After years they were found to have been innocent. (yes the children who don't lie were found to have told what they thought was the truth but was'nt quite the truth I.e McMartin Pre-school scandal)
End result?
The "child abuse" accusation was completley discredited for years in certain circles so real abusers could do their "work" without fear of anyone looking into accuations against them.
Now it looks like that is slowly starting to happen in the Jewish Community
That is sad.

Thank you - I know no one ever agrees with me on this topic. But my personal gut feeling here was not guilty, and NO, he was not tried or convicted by any BD - he was stupid enough, though, to be sure enough that his innocence would get him through the court system. No one comes out acquited through the court system - you would have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you did NOT do something - I can't prove that I didn't steal cash from you last Tuesday, can I? No cure for stupid...

imasoftov

Post Sat, May 18 2013, 6:19 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you - I know no one ever agrees with me on this topic. But my personal gut feeling here was not guilty, and NO, he was not tried or convicted by any BD - he was stupid enough, though, to be sure enough that his innocence would get him through the court system. No one comes out acquited through the court system - you would have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that you did NOT do something - I can't prove that I didn't steal cash from you last Tuesday, can I? No cure for stupid...
What would have been the smart thing to do?

amother

Post Sat, May 18 2013, 9:47 pm
Barbara wrote:

IOW, statistically, his chances of being convicted were only about 50%. Its easy to confuse a child victim, and child victims often don't want to testify. IOW, if his attorneys were telling him that a conviction was likely, its almost certain that there was a mountain of evidence against him. (I am assuming that he has private-pay lawyers, not public defenders.)

But we can assume that. A beit din apparently heard the case, and concluded that they guy was a molester. (And hey, how often does THAT happen?) However, they have no power to compel, so the guy basically said tough luck, who cares, I can do what I want. It was only then that the police were called -- too late, IMNSHO. But you, anonymous supporter of a molester, are horrified. How DARE someone report a child molester, even one who refuses to get treatment after a beit din asked him to do so.

Way to victimize the child again.

But what it really boils down to is this. Sure, there are false confessions. But in general, when someone swears, under oath, that they committed a crime -- ie, takes a guilty plea -- I pretty much believe them.

You are so naive. I know a case where a person took a guilty plea and the ada admitted that the person was probably innocent but they spent $200,000 on the prosecution. What was this person supposed to do? Risk years in jail for a principal?

I can't link the recent article of the filthy brooklyn lying cop. The ada knowingly prosecuted using perjured testimony. The FBI admitted they knew the cop was dirty and there was nothing they could do about it .

People take guilty pleas plenty of times when the deck is stacked against them like when the cops lie and prosecutors offer a deal. When an innocent person is indicted and the da had a 99% conviction rate all this goes into whether or not a person pleads.

Another time an ada admitted that the criminal was not guilty of what he was charged with but he was guilty of something. Cute. Black guy lets prosecute because we can convict.

I read that 20% of all people who plead are not guilty.

scrltfr

Post Sat, May 18 2013, 10:21 pm
Interesting that everyone defending the admitted molester is posting as "amother". If you are so adamant in his innocence why be anonymous?

amother

Post Sat, May 18 2013, 10:29 pm
scrltfr wrote:
Interesting that everyone defending the admitted molester is posting as "amother". If you are so adamant in his innocence why be anonymous?

I am anonymous because the stories I told are all true and I could easily be identified irl because it is my strong professional belief that prosecutors and cops are dirty. I am not shy IRL and have successfully sued police departments in Fed court.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics