Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Thoughts on Niddah

amother

Post Fri, May 03 2013, 2:37 pm
I'm posting under amother because I am not ready to get bashed yet. Perhaps later, I'll come out.

Mt thoughts on Niddah:
So as of now, I am not planning on touching. Just because if I want to keep niddah properly, then it's very hard for me to switch on and off. And I know that many people do. I've spoken to many people who touched before marriage and still keep the halachos once married. But I had the hardest time with that. For me, I couldn't understand how marriage made any difference and how a person is able to switch on and off like that. My emotions are too crazy for that. (And then again, we're talking about an unhealthy relationship so who's to say what the future will hold?)

But then there's my huge fear and insecurity that I will get married and my $ex life will be terrible again, and I'll be miserable again. And then what? So I kind of want to know before I make that huge commitment. Again I don't know what I'll feel, I can't picture loving a different guy. I can't picture committing to anyone so it's hard for me to speculate. I can't picture having a healthy s-xual relationship.

Now to talk about niddah. I guess it all depends. I hope that I'll have a healthy and loving and supportive relationship. So ideally, I do want to keep niddah. I would change a lot of things. My mindset, my attitude. And I pray to G-d that my husband will be different. If I were to be sick (G-d forbid) I would hope that he'd be the type of person to hold me and take care of me without me begging. That I wouldn't feel pressure to go to the mikva if I was too sick. And that I should never be in the position where I dread coming home from the mikva or going to begin with.

I guess what I'm trying to say that I think I can be healthy and positive about niddah and I can actually handle it, it all depends on who he is and the dynamics of our relationship. I pray that it's a positive one. Because if not, what the hell is the point.

I didn't know I had all that in me.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, May 03 2013, 2:39 pm
No time to digest this, but reading to the end and seeing where you're coming from, no decent person would bash you. Disagree, share different experiences, yes, and yes, this thread might get heated but don't worry! (Though I fully understand why you are and would stay amother, just saying that I think people will be nicer than you think.) Have a great Shabbos.

thinkermother

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 12:03 am
Op . I've got a great book for you geared to those for whom nidda is still a thought to b considered. You might enjoy it. Pm me with ur address if you would like to read it

amother

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 2:47 am
I would reply but this is a public forum that anyone on the net could see, so I don't want to.

r_ch

Post Wed, May 22 2013, 4:35 am
I do not completely understand your speculations on that and conditions stated. Like if he's that then I'll this... With whom are you bargaining? Could be I misunderstood you but girl, hang on there and keep davening for a good husband! May Hashem give you a really really good one and soon!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics