Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Jap info
Previous  1  2  3

BusyBeeMommy

Post Sun, Aug 26 2012, 11:05 pm
el2cg wrote:
I love my jap pony wig! I bought it 2.5 years ago. I just dyed it for the 2nd time. It was dyed a lighter shade then I usually dye my wigs because it absorbs the color too much. It actually came out darker than my other wigs, but I'm okay with that. I did not think I would get so much use from it, when I got it...

Are you a blond?

Factory Girl

Post Mon, Aug 27 2012, 11:55 am
zaq wrote:
All my ex-sister-in-law's wigs are JAP wigs. And her clothes are JAP clothes, her ideas are JAP ideas, and her kids are all JAPs, too. Meeeeeoooowwww!

I just can't believe anyone actually named their wig business Jap wigs. But then, I guess in some circles, "JAP" is considered a compliment Rolling Eyes .

I also can't believe no one of Japanese descent has complained.

I love u!, just had to log in and let u know:)

nicole81

Post Mon, Aug 27 2012, 1:17 pm
BusyBeeMommy wrote:
nicole81 wrote:
I didn't get much use out of mine. I wore it every day for less than a year when it oxidized terribly. however because it was so heavily processed, it didn't take to dyeing well, and once I tried to die it, I had to throw it out.

Awww! That stinks! Do you have any other cheap brand you can recommend? I need to get something and I see you're a blond too.

After bad luck with Milano and Jap, I got a Tori which I was very happy with. Even though I got a discount through a FB contest, they're still not cheap.

More recently, I tried a new brand through my sheital macher. She sells a South American line of hair called Abigail Wigs. I bought a pony wig for a price comparable to Jap. I really like it so far, but I've only had it since April. However the hair feels a lot better than the Jap did, and it came with a 6 month guarantee, which is better than Jap.

ray family

Post Mon, Aug 27 2012, 1:35 pm
I have dark brown hair. got 2 jap wigs 4+ years ago. for the price they're holding up great! they did not oxidize as much as my more expensive wigs. in fact I get more compliments on my jap than I do on my others.
hair didn't frizz. I dont have any real complaints other than the underside is starting to rip. oh wait that reminds me some of the rows of hair started to come loose on the wig I had taken in. I dont know if was a jap defect or the woman who took it in didn't do a good job. I just took a needle and thread and sewed it back w/o any problems.

for me it was a great buy for the price

babygirl

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 2:04 am
Does anyone have knotting issues with their JAP? I bought one and it was knotting terribly and hair kept coming out. I brought it back and they gave me a new wig-I was very impressed! but then Im having the same issue with the new one. I keep putting conditioner on the bottom parts of the hair and it is helping but without it the hairs keep falling out from knotting....did I just have bad luck twice?? cuz I've read really good reviews....

imasoftov

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 8:50 am
zaq wrote:
I just can't believe anyone actually named their wig business Jap wigs.

I also can't believe no one of Japanese descent has complained.
I only saw this now because the thread was bumped. I couldn't believe it either, had to google the name to see that it's actually called that ...

reportrmom

Post Tue, May 28 2013, 8:57 am
I have had two JAP wigs. One I bought about five or six years ago and I had a lot of luck with it. it looked nice and I wore it to death. I'm only just getting rid of it now. The other one I bought maybe two years ago and it oxidized right away. I had to keep dying it and in a year the hair became knotty and awful. I don't know if they sell different quality wigs more recently than what they had when they first opened.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels