Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Can someone tell me what I need to know about being a p3 pro
Previous  1  2

runninglate

Post Wed, May 01 2013, 10:03 pm
thanks seeker. I guess I'll mail it in and see. Also just realized I don't think I dated the approval form bec I wasnt sure what to write if im sending it in after starting to work. Will I be getting it back?

seeker

Post Wed, May 01 2013, 10:06 pm
You can write a start date that is before you sent it, as long as it's after the parent got it and you were already qualified (I.e. you're already a certified teacher). It's not a great idea to let it wait very long, but there is that grace period.

They used to always send it back but this year I got it back with some and not with others. Instead they only sent the letter saying I was approved, without the original form. I hope I don't run into any issues because of that.

runninglate

Post Fri, May 10 2013, 1:59 pm
this process is so utterly confusing. can I call in my start date before I receive my approval letter? how long should it take? I sent it about two weeks ago.

runninglate

Post Fri, May 10 2013, 2:01 pm
also, I registered with vendor portal. the only thing I see there is a link to sign up for direct deposit. I downloaded the form, do I need anything else from the vendor portal site?

runninglate

Post Wed, May 29 2013, 4:29 pm
ok, some more questions. When I try to call in my start date, they ask me for a pin number. Huh? Whats that? And also, I see it says not to write with a pen on the invoices or they'll be returned. Is this only in the chart or by the personal info as well? Meaning, is it a problem if I wrote in the child's id number etc.

seeker

Post Wed, May 29 2013, 6:06 pm
I haven't used the vendor portal for anything I can remember... you just need to be on it Rolling Eyes

No pen. Do it ALL on the computer.

There was some instruction document for the start date system. Will try to dig it up.

runninglate

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 12:28 pm
bump. Can anyone tell me where to find the pin number that they want so I can call in my start date? And seeker, thanks for all your help.

seeker

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 1:00 pm
Try the last 4 digits of your social.

runninglate

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 1:09 pm
nope, that's not it!

seeker

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 1:17 pm
Uh oh. That's what my FAQ page said. I haven't actually gotten around to trying it myself yet. Is there a customer service number?

runninglate

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 1:38 pm
where did you get the FAQ page from? just tried it again, it doesn't work. There was a phone number on the paper I got with my approval letter, but noone returned my call yet - I left a message.

seeker

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 1:39 pm
http://schools.nyc.gov/NR/rdon.....s.pdf

This is what I found online

runninglate

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 1:58 pm
are we rsa providers? if yes, it says it should say it on the approval letter. I spoke to someone who happened to call me and he said the same thing. I searched the letter and it says no such thing!

seeker

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 2:20 pm
No, P-4 is a little different than regular RSA I think. Theoretically it's the same but we seem to be treated as a different category for most purposes. I was never sent any PIN, my approval letters are all form letters now. :shrug:

runninglate

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 2:34 pm
seeker, you've never billed this year?

seeker

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 2:50 pm
I did bill, but the billing is not connected with the other systems, at least not yet. I guess I really should do that start date thing already, had it in back of my mind for a while, but for now nobody's come back to bite me over it.

I'm assuming they have some eventual goal of getting all this stuff linked up but for now it's still pretty much a mess.

runninglate

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 3:12 pm
I'm so confused. For a change. I thought u must enter ur start date so ur cases will show up on sessis? I can submit invoices to be paid while nothing is showing up on sessis? What do you DO on sessis, for heavens sake?

seeker

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 3:21 pm
SESIS has something to do with attendance. I haven't done that either. But anyway, your billing is totally separate - billing is done by snail mail. You have to do the invoices on a computer but then you print it, sign it, and mail it with a copy of the approval letter. Each time, yes. And if it's more than a few pages make sure to stick on an extra stamp so your payment isn't delayed an extra week while it comes back to you for insufficient postage Rolling Eyes

runninglate

Post Fri, May 31 2013, 3:59 pm
wow. This is nuts! Its taking forever to figure this out. And all this is for one student for whom its almost not worth it for the amount im going to make.

runninglate

Post Tue, Jun 18 2013, 8:43 pm
ok, I am finally getting around to submitting my invoices! Whats this form they sent with the approval letter? Subsitute form w9? Do I also have to send a w9 form or just this?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics