Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Time for a NEW serial thread
Previous  1  2

Frumdoc

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 3:15 pm
I wondered that too.

Also, most kidney transplants are non emergency, and although it is hugely unpleasant and difficult to be on dialysis for another few months, I thought that the recipient (can't remember her name) should have stood up and thought about her sister's life a little, because she is never going to get a chance to repeat that precious sem year, whereas a few more months of being smothered by her mum is....maybe not worth knowing that you've not just taken a kidney from your sister, but taken a year of experience she'll never get back.

You can tell that idea really resonated Confused

tissues

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 3:35 pm
Frumdoc wrote:
I wondered that too.

Also, most kidney transplants are non emergency, and although it is hugely unpleasant and difficult to be on dialysis for another few months, I thought that the recipient (can't remember her name) should have stood up and thought about her sister's life a little, because she is never going to get a chance to repeat that precious sem year, whereas a few more months of being smothered by her mum is....maybe not worth knowing that you've not just taken a kidney from your sister, but taken a year of experience she'll never get back.

The whole idea was that they were ALL under the mother's spell. As a result of her domineering nature, the recipient became submissive to an extreme and the donor was rebellious.

Frumdoc

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 4:48 pm
tissues wrote:
Frumdoc wrote:
I wondered that too.

The whole idea was that they were ALL under the mother's spell. As a result of her domineering nature, the recipient became submissive to an extreme and the donor was rebellious.

Yes, I felt she glossed over resolving that in the rush to finish the story line.

So often, the important psychological themes get lost in the pressure to get on eith the action.

yogabird

Post Thu, Jun 20 2013, 5:11 pm
wereafamily wrote:
Sisters Under Siege, love it.

Haven't read anything frum and this provocative in a LONG while. The author's got TALENT!

myself

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 10:30 am
Anyone care to share the end of Song of the Sparrow? We forgot to purchase the Binah early enough last week and I haven't managed to get hold of it. Pretty please!

Frumdoc

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 11:09 am
myself wrote:
Anyone care to share the end of Song of the Sparrow? We forgot to purchase the Binah early enough last week and I haven't managed to get hold of it. Pretty please!

Good timing, I was just about to complain about the ending!

So, what I remember...it was a whole week ago Wink

Chevi ( whose brother died) became a happy wonderful mother with a great relationship with her difficult daughters.

The introvert writer developed a happier relationship with her stepkids and became more outgoing.

Hindy, the transplant recipient, was happy andher husband brought some Chinese takeaway for supper.

Her younger sister got married to the divorced cousin who was running the factory ? Gedaliah.

This lastaone really annoyed me, as the age gap was enormous, he was mid 30s or something like that and she didn't even finish sem, but there was something about how they had both demonstrated their inner strength. ?..

Did anyone else think it was a bit too facile?

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 1:45 pm
Frumdoc wrote:
myself wrote:

Her younger sister got married to the divorced cousin who was running the factory ? Gedaliah.

This lastaone really annoyed me, as the age gap was enormous, he was mid 30s or something like that and she didn't even finish sem, but there was something about how they had both demonstrated their inner strength. ?..

Did anyone else think it was a bit too facile?

I don't think he was divorced --he had a broken engagement.

penguin

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 1:55 pm
and something about his trial by fire and hers by snow

Frumdoc

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 2:37 pm
penguin wrote:
and something about his trial by fire and hers by snow

Yes, that's a great basis for a lifelong marriage Rolling Eyes

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Jun 28 2013, 3:17 pm
I think he was more like 28 or 29, and she was in her 2nd year of sem so she was 19 or 20.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room