Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
At my wits end-Long vent, ADVICE Please
Previous  1  2

penguin

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 4:31 pm
John Rosemond

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 4:40 pm
Op, sometimes it's best to keep the kids separated from each others.
When my kids start acting this way, I put one into the kitchen to help me, the other into the room with a toy, etc...

Wow, your kids do seem like a burst of energy! Hatzlacha!

cbsmommy

Post Thu, Jul 04 2013, 5:49 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:

I don't think he needs to be evaluated. I've spoken to the school numerous times, they say he is fine just doesn't have a long attention span. He is bli ayin hora, brilliant and very quick picks up everything and then is bored...
or PetSmart near you? When it was cold and rainy, and DD was bored out of her mind, we'd take her to Petco. The owners knew us, and they let her run all over the store (we were right behind her the whole time). She could touch all the pet toys, squeak the squeakers, squeeze the stuffies, bounce the balls, and then go watch the fish in the tanks. If they had kittens and puppies, that was even better. An hour of that was really good for her to get stimulation, and then calm down with the fish at the end. It's still one of her favorite places to go.

PetSmart as a rainy day activity - - that is BRILLIANT! We've been cooped up with rain and my kids are past going bananas!

smilethere

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 4:46 am
Thanks everyone. BH I realised from some of these posts that they are not that bad!! They really are trying hard, we are doing star charts, and they understand how they need to behave.
Other than some flooding whilst I was trying to do some laundry yesterday, nothing too dramatic took place over shabbos. BH Yom Yom, and my theme song is 'we will survive'...

myself

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 5:32 am
It's tough when they're all little... they give you that roller coaster ride that leaves you exasperated and gasping for air.

My toddler just ruined a couple of very important items, one an old sentimental piece, so I know the feeling. It's mostly though when you're chasing your tail for hours dealing with one mishap after the other. It's that inquisitive age when the world is a playground and everything in it a potential experiment! You seem to be doing all you can though and that's really all you can do. Just remember that they do grow up! I remember being in that stage with my older ones and feeling it was never ending. The fact that I've seen them grow up makes it easier for me to deal with my younger one as the bigger picture is more real now.

Can you set aside some 'me' time in the evening? Or get a babysitter every now and again so that you can get out on your own or with your husband? The main thing to keep remembering is - This won't last forever!

Note: Can you find a new home for the knives? Mine are no longer with the rest of my cutlery but hidden away. It was just too dangerous.

Jewishmofm

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 3:31 pm
Have you been spying in our house? We have older kids, but they still need to be entertained every waking second - or they will entertain themselves in dangerous/destructive ways! that is my biggest complaint when I am pregnant (like right now) I just cannot keep up with them, and I cannot clean it all up either! I have decided that it's a good thing my kids have 3 parents DH, myself, and Hashem. Sometimes I just consign care of something (cooking? cleaning? the little kids?the "big" kids?) to Hashem while I focus only on the one needing the most entertaining. It makes it easier in my head when I let myself not think about the stuff I'm not doing. I also make sure we have tons of safe, sensory stuff to do around, and we go to a bazillion parks (my kids won't play at a park if we've been too many times) we love climbing the furniture, so it's all tied to the walls and so on. we love water, so we get in our swimming things and "wash" the floors with shmattas. we love dough, so we bake lots of cookies.
as for locks, been there done that, my kids would now make great thieves!

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Jul 08 2013, 3:52 pm
I do know I rode my kids like they were wild horses, I didn't rest for a second, I was firm, I was tough, I was the b**** from hell, they didn't like me very much, but now I've got five fabulous teenagers that I am so proud of,

My kids also tell me they dont like me etc cause im strict with them. good to know it will work out in the end.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children