Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
I wanna thank Hashem:
Previous  1  2

do u feel grateful for your life?
yes  
 94%  [ 83 ]
no  
 5%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 88

amother

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 10:08 am
Counting our blessings is easy when things are going well. Much harder during times of struggle, pain, conflict, or true disasters. But that is when it is the most important. Making it a habit, beginning in the morning with the first modeh ani is the easiest way to get used to doing it. Wake up, start listing in your mind every little thing you are grateful for. Focus on the gratefulness so that it fills your mind. Don't even think about any of the bad or awful things going on. After you feel totally grateful, there is no room left for anything else, and even the "bad" stuff can seem better with your change of attitude.
Good and bad is all relative, one man's good is another man's bad, one man's junk is another man's treasure. The way we look at and deal with what we've got is the way we live our lives.
It's all a choice, look at things positively, or not. The cup is half empty, half full or FULL of Hashem's love for us. I keep on repeating to myself that Hashem is my father, He truly loves me, and He can truly bless and provide for me, in the very best way. I accept the challenges with love and gratefulness and ask His help to overcome the hurdles.
Sometimes it takes many years (or a lifetime) to see and understand pieces of the puzzle that is our life.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 11:48 am
amother wrote:
Counting our blessings is easy when things are going well. Much harder during times of struggle, pain, conflict, or true disasters. But that is when it is the most important. Making it a habit, beginning in the morning with the first modeh ani is the easiest way to get used to doing it. Wake up, start listing in your mind every little thing you are grateful for. Focus on the gratefulness so that it fills your mind. Don't even think about any of the bad or awful things going on. After you feel totally grateful, there is no room left for anything else, and even the "bad" stuff can seem better with your change of attitude.
Good and bad is all relative, one man's good is another man's bad, one man's junk is another man's treasure. The way we look at and deal with what we've got is the way we live our lives.
It's all a choice, look at things positively, or not. The cup is half empty, half full or FULL of Hashem's love for us. I keep on repeating to myself that Hashem is my father, He truly loves me, and He can truly bless and provide for me, in the very best way. I accept the challenges with love and gratefulness and ask His help to overcome the hurdles.
Sometimes it takes many years (or a lifetime) to see and understand pieces of the puzzle that is our life.

Reading this and other posts, may I suggest that anyone reading this thread view such posts not as mussar as much as, wow, this worked for her, maybe it might for me. But maybe not but good for her at any right.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 12:20 pm
Pink fridge that was exactly my intention with starting this thread. Really did not mean negative. Just a focus on the good, for those who want. I am definitely not trying to mussar anyone at all.

Thanks for the positivity everyone. Keep Em coming.

Op

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 2:34 pm
amother wrote:
Pink fridge that was exactly my intention with starting this thread. Really did not mean negative. Just a focus on the good, for those who want. I am definitely not trying to mussar anyone at all.

Thanks for the positivity everyone. Keep Em coming.

Op

I didn't think you were, OP. Maybe it just needed to be said again Wink

chani8

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 3:06 pm
I am reading a book that an imamother recommended, called The secret life of G-d: Discovering the divine within you." The author does a good job explaining why the bad, and not in a pat way, but actually very thoroughly.

So do I wanna thank Hashem? I'm still busy saying, "I forgive you, G-d" (re. another thread) but of course I will take this moment to say thank you.

Dear G-d, I am sincerely grateful for all that I've been through in my life, because I feel it's made me who I am today. (And I like me, today. Thank G-d!)

I still have much to work on (I bought The Surrendered Wife, ok!!), but I'm clear that You have a plan and so far, I get to be in it. I'm thankful for that, and for every day that I get to be here, helping You to make the world a better place.

Love, Chani8

mandr

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 3:57 pm
I thank you Hashem for my beautiful life.
I thank you Hashem for making me "wife".
I thank you Hashem for the husband beside me.
I thank you Hashem for the person inside me.
I thank you Hashem for each day that I live.
I thank you Hashem for all that you give.

groisamomma

Post Thu, Jul 11 2013, 4:18 pm
Thank you Hashem...

...for making me seem normal on the outside, even though I am a turbulent, dysfunctional, and disorganized person.
...for giving me friends that are able to understand that sometimes I am to busy to chat but I keep them close in my heart.
...for giving me a job (finally!) that is stable and--even more important--enjoyable.
...for making my kids grow up (finally! no more babies!) so that I can enjoy them more and do fun things with them without being harried at the end of the day.
...for helping said kids turn out normal even though there is so much going on around them. What would we do without that Third partner?
...for teaching my husband that taking the initiative works better around here than waiting to be told what to do.
...for keeping my mother off my back for the time being.

Now, if You could just help dh find a job...then I would be even more grateful, I promise.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational