Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for 9 & 7 year old boys

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Dec 16 2012, 8:08 pm
What's a nice gift for my two boys from their grandparents? My parents gave me $ to get them something, but I must say my children are spoiled and either have it, or it's too expensive. My boys outgrew Playmobil, have an mp3 player, and got a Yamaha keyboard recently. Any suggestions?

bookie

Post Sun, Dec 16 2012, 8:12 pm
I don't know what your budget is but how about magnatiles? I hear kids of all ages love them!

mummiedearest

Post Sun, Dec 16 2012, 8:13 pm
take them out to a restaurant and let them pick what they want, even if it's a stack of pancakes with ice cream, fudge, whipped cream, caramel syrup, maraschino cherries, and other junk between them all. if they already have all the toys they want, a family outing is a lovely gift.

or you could take them to a store and tell them their budget. I'm sure they'll find something they want.

marina

Post Fri, Jul 19 2013, 1:58 am
mummiedearest wrote:
take them out to a restaurant and let them pick what they want, even if it's a stack of pancakes with ice cream, fudge, whipped cream, caramel syrup, maraschino cherries, and other junk between them all. if they already have all the toys they want, a family outing is a lovely gift.

or you could take them to a store and tell them their budget. I'm sure they'll find something they want.

I love this idea- family outings are a great gift, especially since it is from their family...

But if you want a gift, this age is usually very into different types of construction (Lego) and pretend play. You can try a magic set, or a unique construction set or maybe, for the more intellectual child, a fun science kit. Arts & crafts is always a favorite in my house!

Although this year, I got my son a kitten for his birthday. DON'T DO THAT.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics