Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Just started exercising and feel great

rainbow dash

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 6:22 pm
hi, unfortunately I cant afford to go to the gym right now so after watching too many extreme weight loss shows on youtube, I finally did it and started to really exercise.

I started tonight as in the morning my kids are home now from daycamp, I walked up and down 4 floors of 15 steps in my building, 3 times. Thats 180 steps. I was sweaty and my legs really hurt and it took me a long time to catch my breath. I had a shower afterwards and now I feel soo great. cant wait for tomorrow.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 7:27 pm
some health insurances pay for the gym.

malka1237

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 7:49 pm
Great keep it up!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 8:38 pm
Thats a great free workout! Keep it up!

etky

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 12:48 am
Climbing and descending steps is one of the best workouts there is- gets the pulse rate way up and strengthens hamstrings, quadriceps, glutes and calf muscles simultaneously. If you want to add some upper body moves while you're home, try using a pair of heavy cans as weights and do several types of lifting and bending exercises. Good luck!

chani8

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 7:22 am
Steps is excellent!!

Etky, I started off using (full) water bottles as my weights! The have a great grip.

Also, OP, you might want to check out HASfit.com. I love Coach Kozak! Look for his easy 10 minute home workouts.

Great job!!!

etky

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 8:00 am
chani8 wrote:
Steps is excellent!!

Etky, I started off using (full) water bottles as my weights! The have a great grip.

Also, OP, you might want to check out HASfit.com. I love Coach Kozak! Look for his easy 10 minute home workouts.

Great job!!!

Water bottles are even better than cans, come to think about it, since they are contoured and much easier to grip.
Rainbow - if you don't mind shelling out a bit, you can also buy strap on ankle and wrist weights to add even more resistance to your stair climbing routine.

elaela

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 8:31 am
mazal tov! great start Smile

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 9:13 am
Keep it up!!!! Great start. Soon you will be like

Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise