Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I'm afraid his gangster friends are going to kill me
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 8:09 pm
BNJ...
Relax I doubt we are talking about that much $
Maybe I just watch too many movies

amother

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 8:09 pm
if I ever had such a fear chas v'shalom of course I would go to the police

why not?

and what else would there be to do....get a gun?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 8:11 pm
groisamomma wrote:
amother wrote:
go to the police

This may not be such a bad idea, even as a precaution. Get something in writing just in case something CH"V happens. I don't think that's so paranoid.

And what is she going to say. "I caught an employee with his hand in the till, and my boss is dealing with it as he deems appropriate. He hasn't hurt me. He hasn't threatened me. In fact, he hasn't done a thing. But I'm certain that he knows gangsters, and I'm scared he's going to hurt me."

No threat. No reasonable belief there will be a threat. No police.

Honestly. The chances that this fellow's "gangster friends" are going to kill you are about the same as being hit by lightning. I can't say it won't happen. But the risk is so low that you shouldn't worry about it.

b from nj

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 8:12 pm
amother wrote:
BNJ...
Relax I doubt we are talking about that much $
Maybe I just watch too many movies

I'M relaxed but I'm not sure about the OP Smile !!!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 8:15 pm
if it's a fear based in reality then hire a bodyguard if you don't think the police will protect you accordingly...

what else can you do...hide in your closet?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 8:17 pm
and while you are at it you might wanna consider: quit your job!

don't work for someone who "has gangster friends" and brings you into contact with garbage

amother

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 8:19 pm
you did the right thing to report it, otherwise he could be arrested and you too for cooperating and covering it up chas v'shalom

talk to your boss about your concerns and see where that leads

TehillaHadassah

Post Mon, Jul 22 2013, 8:23 pm
chani8 wrote:
No offense, but you're just the nobody bookkeeper. He's going to be more worried about getting arrested. He's not thinking about how he got caught, just what will happen NOW that he got caught.

This is not a tea party here either. The Imamother Gang is feared everywhere on the planet.
The gossip power alone Chatterbox not to mention Tefillah. Hug

amother

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 4:07 am
Similar situation here (years ago). I was so terrified I found myself walking in trafffic shock After a sleepless night, I told my boss and he took on the responsibility (can't remember what he did or whom he called, but I felt much better afterwards BH).

This is something you did in the name of your boss and he should be protecting you.

wispalover

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 6:45 am
How would he know it is you? I reported someone I worked with- also ran with a very rough crowd- for stealing. She was not stealing money but was running her own personal small business- without permission- from the office and was ordering tons of very expensive stationary (think cardstock, ink cartridges etc) for her own usage. She got fired, they did not mention my name and nothing happened.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 1:47 pm
wispalover wrote:
How would he know it is you? I reported someone I worked with- also ran with a very rough crowd- for stealing. She was not stealing money but was running her own personal small business- without permission- from the office and was ordering tons of very expensive stationary (think cardstock, ink cartridges etc) for her own usage. She got fired, they did not mention my name and nothing happened.

because I am the only one who would know if he is stealing. I do all the books and found where he was using company credit cards for personal use. I would be the only one who looks at that information. its a very small business

self-actualization

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 1:57 pm
What kind of dollar amounts are we talking about? If it's low enough, is it possible that the boss wouldn't care?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 2:54 pm
self-actualization wrote:
What kind of dollar amounts are we talking about? If it's low enough, is it possible that the boss wouldn't care?

as a business owner would you really allow an employee to steal from you regardless of how much money it was?

I would think its the stealing that is the problem- not the actual dollar amount.

In answer- its never a large amount- Over a whole year though it does add up to at least a few thousand dollars.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 2:55 pm
Im so torn. On one hand I want him fired because he is a lowlife thief.

On the other hand- I am afraid of his crowd and his anger

amother

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 3:01 pm
My dh suspected an employeee of stealing so he set it up so he could prove it and he got the proof he needed. However he was very worried about firing him because he was worried about the employee "going postal". So we discussed it and I told dh to tell him that he can't afford him anymore which was a kind of inside joke since naturally we couldn't afford a thief! The firing went very smoothly even though the guy did offer to work for less Rolling Eyes .

amother

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 3:04 pm
amother wrote:
My dh suspected an employeee of stealing so he set it up so he could prove it and he got the proof he needed. However he was very worried about firing him because he was worried about the employee "going postal". So we discussed it and I told dh to tell him that he can't afford him anymore which was a kind of inside joke since naturally we couldn't afford a thief! The firing went very smoothly even though the guy did offer to work for less Rolling Eyes .

so smart. I wish my boss would do something like that but hes prob going to confront him.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:
amother wrote:

so smart. I wish my boss would do something like that but hes prob going to confront him.

Talk to your boss about it, he's probably more nervous than you are.

self-actualization

Post Tue, Jul 23 2013, 3:14 pm
That sounds like a very good idea.

Also, someone who is stealing on a credit card must know that there is a likelihood of someone reviewing the line items and figuring it out.

[Once I worked in an office and every time I left a tweezer on my desk, the cleaning woman took it. She liked my tweezers, but at $12 a pop, I could no longer afford the charade and stopped replacing them. However, I tolerated the behavior for a while. Maybe your boss needs a reliable worker that shows up and does his deliveries, etc, and is not going to bust if he sees that the worker has been buying a couple of hundred dollars worth of personal goods a month].

self-actualization

Post Mon, Jul 29 2013, 2:14 pm
Any updates for us - how did it play out?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics