Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Vacation promotions....

amother

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 11:20 pm
I got a promotion via phone from a company offering the following accomadations for $379 per couple: 1) 5 days 4 nights in orlando. 2) 3 days 2 nights on Datona Beach. 3) 3 days 2 nights mini vacation-choose from 20 locations. 4) Bonus- 5 days 4 nights in cancun mexico.
They claim that all you need to do to qualify for all these is to take a 60-90 min. tour on one of their disney resorts. I was of course very skeptical about this and declined the offer. I was wondering if anyone ever accepted such a promotion which was legitimate.

MMEC123

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 7:04 am
We did! It was totally worth it. We got 2 nights/3 days free at a 5-star hotel and listened to a 90 minute shmooze about buying a timeshare. The rest of the time we were free to tour and have fun. What a cheap vacation!

**Just be forewarned that their sales tactics are really good and you actually have to remind yourself that you ARE NOT interested in whatever they are selling you.

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 9:39 am
My family used to always do those promotions. You just have to listen to their shpeel. They are very persuasive so don't get taken in!

amother

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 9:55 am
OP here: So you're both saying that they really give you all these 4 vacations for just one tour??? I find it very hard to believe. It just seems too good to be true!

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 10:03 am
they want you to buy timeshare

amother

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 11:26 am
Sounds like the stuff that sitcoms are made of . . .

Bsimcha

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 11:02 am
I did it years ago and when we came to our appointment they told us to come back the next day if we want to. We didn't go back and we got two nights in a nice Hilton for just tax and tips!

Squash

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 11:19 am
We did this two years ago. Nothing as grand as what op describes. Just a nice resort in Berkshire Mountains MA.

We made the mistake of pretending to be interested (we were trying to be polite - cuz hey, we did get a free vacation here). The guy took FOREVER cuz he thought we'd buy timeshares and was so upset at the end.

It's better to say all the way in the beginning that you really are not interested.

mimsy7420

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 11:25 am
Bsimcha wrote:
I did it years ago and when we came to our appointment they told us to come back the next day if we want to. We didn't go back and we got two nights in a nice Hilton for just tax and tips!

Be careful with that, some of these promotions will charge your credit card if you miss the APPT.

Squash

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 11:33 am
[quote="only1
Be careful with that, some of these promotions will charge your credit card if you miss the APPT.[/quote]

That's what we were told up front.

mom23

Post Mon, Jan 22 2007, 8:35 pm
We tried to do that while we were vacationing in Orlando (to get free tickets to the disney parks), but they wanted both DH and I to listen to a three hour shmooze. We had noone to leave the kids with, so we couldn't do it. But I totally would have listened to a speech to save hundreds of dollars!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics