Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Question about ebay

sara53

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 3:35 pm
I posted an item for sale and it was bid on . I received an email from paypal saying the purchaser sent money, ship now.

It also says address unconfirmed. Its my first time. Do I just go to PO tomorrow and ship it to that address?

srbmom

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 5:15 pm
Yes! Make sure you add delivery confirmation. Never send anything without this because someone can claim they never got the item and ebay will take your money back.
Good luck!

Hydrangea

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 9:37 pm
If it is something expensive I would ask the buyer to please confirm their address. We do not ship to unconfirmed addresses for items over $50.

sara53

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 10:07 pm
Hydrangea wrote:
If it is something expensive I would ask the buyer to please confirm their address. We do not ship to unconfirmed addresses for items over $50.

How do I do that ?

Hydrangea

Post Sun, Sep 08 2013, 10:30 pm
Why don't you just send a message to the buyer saying something like this or similar.

Thank you for your purchase of ____. I have it packed up and ready to ship to you but eBay (or PayPal) is showing that your address is unconfirmed. I would appreciate it if you would get your address confirmed by eBay (or PayPal) so that we may ship to a confirmed address.

OR, you can check the buyers feedback VERY carefully. eBay only allows positive feedback for buyers so you have to read between the lines. You can also contact one or two of the sellers of items they have purchased previously if you have no choice. We occasionally get messages from other sellers asking about a buyer.

You have to proceed carefully because the buyer can leave you a negative feedback if they get upset with your request but if it is a large amount that is at risk you may want to take that chance.

srbmom

Post Mon, Sep 09 2013, 5:15 am
I have been selling on ebay for more than 5 years - and I have never had a problem with sending to an unconfirmed address. I think as long as you get the delivery confirmation, you should be fine.
I would be more nervous about waiting to send the package, because someone can leave you negative feedback for not sending it quick enough.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics