Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Frankfurters Recalled for Highest Level Of Health Risk

proudmom

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 7:07 pm
Author: Webby Category: Notices
AP
ALBANY, N.Y. — Agriprocessors, Inc., issued a voluntary Class I recall on about 2,700 pounds of frankfurters _ the highest classification given to consumer recalls, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Tuesday.

The company is recalling two-pound vacuum-packed packages labeled 'Supreme Kosher Family Pack Classic Frankfurters made with Beef & Chicken,' and one-pound packages of 'Supreme Kosher, Classic Frankfurters made with Beef & Chicken.

The products were recalled after an Agriprocessors employee discovered possible underprocessing.

A Class I health hazard is when a reasonable probability exists that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death.

The frankfurters were produced Nov. 15 by the Postville, Iowa-based company and shipped to retail stores in New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania.

The recalled products were labeled with the establishment number; 'EST. 4653A' inside the USDA mark of inspection, and bear the use-by date March 16, 2007.

FSIS has not received any reports of illness related to the consumption of the products.

gryp

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 7:09 pm
TY, proudmom.

proudmom

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 7:30 pm
I forgot to write that it is Rubashkins Aarons Best Frankfurters

faigie

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 7:44 pm
thats some advisory! what do they say the franks can do to ya?

proudmom

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 8:02 pm
Quote:
A Class I health hazard is when a reasonable probability exists that the use of the product will cause serious, adverse health consequences or death.

mimsy7420

Post Tue, Jan 23 2007, 8:23 pm
Which company makes them? Aarons?

NotInNJMommy

Post Wed, Jan 24 2007, 10:40 am
Agriprocessors is the large group owned by Rubashkin that includes Shor HaBor, Aaron's Best, Supreme Kosher, and one other company ( I believe a sefardi shechita). This article specifically states Supreme Kosher Frankfurters and this article posted also on crownheights.info says at the end that it only applies to the specific products mentioned (Supreme Kosher), so lav davka does it apply to shor habor or aarons, although of course, better to be safe than sorry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics