Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Bi-Level

amother
OP

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 1:31 pm
Husband refuses to look at any house Thts a bi level. Am I crazy I don’t care if it’s bi level or not?

amother
Razzmatazz

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 1:35 pm
I was your husband. For me it was about the noise and the lack of privacy. Unless it's a really huge house with an atypical layout you can hear everything from everywhere and the bedrooms are too close to the living space for my comfort.
My husband also didn't care and that's fine but he understood and respected that this was a hard line for me.

greenteaorange

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 1:37 pm
Some people don’t like bilevels
Just like some people don’t like split levels
Some don’t like capes
Etc
Just be sure he is aware what style houses are in your budget

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 1:38 pm
I agree bilevels are terrible. It’s a big apartment with a basement. I need more separation between the living space and bedrooms.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 2:09 pm
I started out that way too. And it is super frustrating to have my bedrooms and living space on the same floor.
But the pros outweighed the cons for us.
I love my neighborhood and my block and the purchase price definitely felt better for our bank account lol
I do not regret buying even though, yes the layout of a colonial males more sense

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 2:21 pm
I've heard of ppl doing work to it to make the kitchen downstairs and bedrooms upstairs.

amother
Melon

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 2:51 pm
My friend just did a fantastic remodel of a bilevel to make the kitchen dining room and playroom on the bottom floor, oh and a side entrance with mudroom (which is at ground level), and all bedrooms and bathrooms are upstairs.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 3:43 pm
I moved from a bilevel to a colonial. I can't begin to tell you how much easier it is to keep the place clean in a colonial. The mess from the kitchen/dining room doesn't reach the bedrooms.

OTOH there were things I loved in the bi-level. For example, being able to get out of my sheitel and back into it without going up or down stairs cuz I'm there already......being able to go easily from the bedroom to the kitchen and back....in my colonial, I run up and down the stairs a million times a day (or it feels like it....)....guess it's good exercise....

amother
Cinnamon

Post Mon, Apr 01 2024, 3:47 pm
amother Melon wrote:
My friend just did a fantastic remodel of a bilevel to make the kitchen dining room and playroom on the bottom floor, oh and a side entrance with mudroom (which is at ground level), and all bedrooms and bathrooms are upstairs.

I know someone who did an amazing remodel, but costly. They added a middle floor to the bilevel, essentially turning it into a split level, on the side and to the back of the house. The middle floor holds a kitchen and dining room. They then turned the staircase of the bilevel and have it running from the basement (playroom, guestrooms) to the middle floor, and from the middle floor to the upper floor. They converted the dining room/kitchen of the upper floor to a master bedroom suite.

They also added a floor under the middle floor, at the same level of their basement, and built a rental apartment there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries