Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Curly-haired girls- How often do you brush their hair?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Sep 23 2013, 1:01 pm
I have thick curls and have taught straight pple with curly haired daughters how.

I'm surprised so few pple said mousse. Mousse is an amazing lifesaving invention (especially to the pre-teenagers I have shown).

And, the best brand, in my opinion, is herbal essences. It keeps knots out and hair neat and tidy even for three day yom tov. Hair stays soft as well. Never needed conditioner when I use this brand of mousse.

greenfire

Post Mon, Sep 23 2013, 1:20 pm
comb in shower with conditioner still in - always from bottom up [meaning brush an inch till all knots are out - then go for 2 inches - then 3 ... until you can comb from the top to the bottom without ripping into knots]

use separate conditioners [some brands make for curly hair]

do NOT towel dry

put products for curly hair after you come out of shower & scrunch the natural curls into place - and don't be afraid to use more than one ... I.e. I use cream whilst still wet & gel after it begins to dry

when touching up hair for a time you don't have it freshly washed - simply wet your hands and smooth surface to 'reactivate' any hair products you already have in your hair [or you can use a water spray bottle]

if making a braid - do it whilst the hair is still wet

[if putting hair in I avoid the expensive after products - I save those for when I'm leaving hair out I.e. shabbos]

animeme

Post Wed, Sep 25 2013, 11:32 am
Thank you so much for all of this!

Last night I brushed her hair in the shower with gobs of conditioner in, rinsed most of it out and then brushed it quickly again just after the shower. Then we put in mousse (we have it in the house) and scrunched. Thus morning, a little water on the hands. It's still a little frizzy, but its much better than usual; her speech therapist even commented on it looking nice. We'll see what Yom tov brings!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics