Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
8 DD puting stuff in her underware

amother

Post Fri, Sep 27 2013, 8:59 am
DH found 8 year old DD on her bed (she was in trouble) putting toys and string in her underpants. I told him that I'm sure she was just playing and not to worry about it. Am I right? Is that normal?

DrMom

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 12:39 pm
Was she hiding a toy she wasn't supposed to play with? Hiding a toy from a grabby sibling?

Why don't you just ask her?

amother

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 12:46 pm
No, she was alone. DH didn't say anything to her and now it's been a day and a half. Should I say anything now?

amother

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 1:03 pm
This was a one time thing? She was bored and didn't have a pocket to play with and underwear is as good a pocket as any. This was only one time (and she was alone in her room, not shoplifting?) - forget it. Before you do the laundry, make sure to empty her underwear the same you empty pockets Very Happy

DrMom

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 1:44 pm
I don't see any reason to panic if she just did it once.

If she habitually stuffs things in her underwear, explain to her that this can make her toys germy so we shouldn't do such things.

imasinger

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 8:43 pm
I suspect that she was partly playing, and partly expressing her resentment at being put "in trouble". Giving her major attention will make it more likely to happen again. A simple, "That's silly", a distraction, and some concerted effort to catch her being good and praise her ASAP might be your best bet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children