Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
ISO nice, family friendly place near Kiryat Sefer ASAP

amother

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 1:49 pm
Tomorrow (Sunday) is my DD's 7th birthday. It is also the night my DH leaves to go back to the States (We just made Aliyah, he will be commuting for now & was here for Yom Tov). In the States I always made a nice Birthday Supper (Seudas Hodaah) for each of my kids b-days and a good friend's family always joined us. I am not up to doing that here yet (my lift has not yet arrived & I also don't yet have an oven).
DH & I decided that we would like to go out to dinner for her bday as that will make it all much simpler. I need a place to go, these are my constraints/concerns:
-we are in Moshav Matityahu without a car and don't want to spend a fortune on transportation (we are hoping to borrow a car but won't know for sure till tomorrow) or spend too much time traveling
-a mehadrin hechsher
-I don't want to be the only people sitting there because it's really take out
-family friendly food: this DD is a little picky about what she likes (pizza, chicken nuggets, & chicken wings being her favorite, french fries are a must)
-I'm not trying to be really cheap, but I don't want to spend a fortune either.

Anyone have any ideas for me??? please post as much info as you can about wherever you are recommending.

Thanks!!!!!!

Liba

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 2:00 pm
Why don't you ask the wonderful people on the moshav? If the problem is an oven I can think of a couple people there who would likely have no issue letting you use their oven. How long have you been there? Have you met any of the ladies there yet? Are you staying there permanently or is it just your landing spot until you move on?

amother

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 2:04 pm
Liba wrote:
Why don't you ask the wonderful people on the moshav? If the problem is an oven I can think of a couple people there who would likely have no issue letting you use their oven. How long have you been there? Have you met any of the ladies there yet? Are you staying there permanently or is it just your landing spot until you move on?

Thank you! The oven is not the only issue. I have gotten to know many people here & I'm sure I could find an oven to use (I used one tonight to bake cupcakes). I also do not have my kailim & don't have alot of time during the day tomorrow to deal with it as my DH is leaving and we have alot to get done. At this point we have decided that eating out is the way to go, we just need a place.
Any suggestions?

Liba

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 2:17 pm
I wish I knew! It is too late to call my SIL and friends on the moshav and I live over an hour away and don't even know of any great places to eat out near me...

I am not home tomorrow to make calls and ask and post, but I am hopeful that someone closer to you will have suggestions in the morning.

Mazal tov and you should have a smooth and easy klitah!

deena19k

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 2:21 pm
In Moshav Mavo Modiin, which is right near Kiryat Sefer, there is a nice quaint milchig/pizza restaurant. Its mehadrin, a real sit down restaurant, yummy food, and not expensive.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 8:25 pm
deena19k wrote:
In Moshav Mavo Modiin, which is right near Kiryat Sefer, there is a nice quaint milchig/pizza restaurant. Its mehadrin, a real sit down restaurant, yummy food, and not expensive.

Do you have any more details? name? location? Hechsher?

grace413

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 10:16 pm
Here you go:

http://www.eluna.com/rest/Lucianos.asp

Disclaimer:don't know when this was published but you can call the phone number and check on details.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 28 2013, 11:00 pm
grace413 wrote:
Here you go:

http://www.eluna.com/rest/Lucianos.asp

Disclaimer:don't know when this was published but you can call the phone number and check on details.

Thank you, this looks interesting. Has anyone ever been there? The description of 'rustic at best' shock makes me a little nervous

Anyone have any other ideas for us???

What about if we get a car? anything between here & Yerushalayim or on this end of Yerushalayim?

amother

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 9:45 am
I was at the Mevo modiin restaurant around 6 years ago. I'm not sure if it's nice enough for what you're looking for. Rustic is how I would describe it. The owner was nice from what I remember.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 10:04 am
Previous amother here. I didn't mean to imply it's not a nice place. Just if rustic scares you maybe it's not what you're looking for. It's been around for awhile so people must like it.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 29 2013, 10:16 am
OP here-
Thank you for your input & suggestions. I asked on the Moshav list & the overwhelming response was that CafeIn (used to be Kapulskys) was the place to go. We went. It was very nice, the food was really good, the portions were generous and the staff was very pleasant. I would definitely go again if the opportunity arose.

The prices were not cheap, but definitely not expensive (at least compared to USA). Our total for 2 adults & 2 children w/ appetizers, mains (salmon -large fillet w/ 2 sides & salad, 2 pizzas- nice size personal pies- my kids shared one & we brought 1 home, & a HUGE Calzone stuffed with veggies & tons of cheese w/ a salad), drinks (fresh squeezed juices, iced coffee w/ ice cream, frozen lemonana, choc milk) & dessert (huge bowls of ice cream, hot pie) came to just over 400 Shekel (about $120 as per our bank).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions