Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How do you work full time and run a house? help please
Previous  1  2

m+m

Post Fri, Oct 04 2013, 12:01 am
I can relate! I work 8-4. DD is one and is dropped off at the babysitter for a full day.

I do all my grocery shopping during my lunch breaks.

I always have a soup in the freezer and made very simple dinners. I make a big pot of soup once a week and freeze it into 6 containers and I have a freezer full of soups. The easiest thing for me to do for supper is grilled chicken breast, soup, salad or rice.

Sometimes I can't make dinner right away bec DD needed attention and DH knew dinner would be served late. DD will eat something leftover from the night before or something simple (hot dog, pizza, etc)

Thursday night I stay up late cooking and always make double or triple of everything and freeze. The rest of the cooking is done on Friday while DH is home and can give me a hand.

I am a very organized person by nature and try as hard as possible to keep the house clean. The key is to not let it get out of control.
DD knows that when she is done with her toys we sing the clean up song and her toys go back in the toy box. Sometime she runs away during cleaning or dumps out more toys, but she knows mommy is very happy when it is all clean. Little kids can learn to clean up after themselves!

After DD is bathed and asleep (7:30) I eat supper with DH, clean up from supper and do a quick clean up.
Walk through the rooms and pick up anything on the floors, put away shoes, sweep, dishes, wipe counters and tables. I walk through the rooms emptying the garbages 2-times a week. I fold one load of laundry a night.
Mopping is done only once a week unless it's a must. So cleaning doesn't generally take too long if you stay on top of it.

From about 8:30 and on is my relaxing time.

I recently starting having cleaning help on Friday which is amazing! She does the deep cleaning, toilets, tub, mopping, vacuuming and linens.

At the end of the day I am exhausted, but it is gratifying to know that I run a smooth household bh.

Good Luck!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics