Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
What is this job called?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 11:37 am
I am pursuing a career change, I would like to begin my research but I have no idea what the field/position is called Sad

I want to be a manager, of people and projects, I thought it was team management but that's just the people aspect. I am looking to manage a team working on something bringing out the most in the project and the individuals. In short I would make an excellent boss, but hey that's not a job Smile I know that I have the skills for this job and on a smaller scale I have had much success in this area of motivating a team, problem solving and bringing something together.

Please help me with the name of such a position and what sort of schooling or steps I should take to get there.

TIA.

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 11:42 am
Project management?

amother

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 11:51 am
I think project management is more about the specific project, I would like to help a team of people work most effectively, not specifically overseeing projects (details, finances etc is not my ideal, I thinking more team building and problem solving)

groisamomma

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 11:52 am
Project management...but in which field would you like to work? Managing a warehouse project is different than, say, managing a team of office workers or teachers.

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 12:29 pm
Well...I guess technically I am "non profit project manager" because I work at a large nonprofit and manage several different projects at once...

Mirabelle

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 12:33 pm
So then maybe Organizational management?
Human resources?

Usually if you are the "boss" of a big project, program, or office then you are the who who also has the final responsibility regarding budget/finances and in my case, fundraising/grant proposals, etc.

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 1:16 pm
Organizational Development

Executive

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 6:29 pm
it's pretty hard to be shomer shabos and do that, or have kids. it means overtime when the project is due, not when it's convenient for you.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Oct 03 2013, 7:13 pm
Team building consultant

Mirabelle

Post Fri, Oct 04 2013, 11:53 am
chocolate moose wrote:
it's pretty hard to be shomer shabos and do that, or have kids. it means overtime when the project is due, not when it's convenient for you.

This is VERY true.

My life is a constant work in progress to create the balance...

Also, don't forget, when you are the boss you need to have a very thick skin...people WILL talk about you behind your back.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics