Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Washing tichels

timtam

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 12:48 am
Ladies who wear those thin Israeli style tichels with the silver thread through them (is that a clear description?) - how often should they be washed? Every time you wear them or not so often?

Frumdoc

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 4:44 am
Depends on how long, how hot the day was and if it is directly against my head or part of a more complex wrap.

If directly against my head, will wash it every couple of uses, unless very shvitzy day, then straight in the wash.

Usually I wear an undercap or something underneath, the piece next to my head gets washed after 1-2 uses, other stuff usually remains clean and can be worn multiple times.

Most of my Israeli ones are cheap and pretty poor quality, so I hand wash them very gently, takes a few minutes and hang out.

More sturdy scarves go in the machine in a delicates bag on a handwash cycle.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 4:47 am
I wear those mitpachot. I wash them when I feel that they are beginning to smell or if something got on them, not very often at all, maybe 5 times a year. They dont usually smell. Im not sure why one would wash them just from having them on their hair.

Forgot to add: I wash them in the machine on delicate.

timtam

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 6:18 am
Thanks for the responses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels