Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
How often do you buy a new sheitel?

How often do you buy a new sheitel?
Every year  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Every 2 years  
 5%  [ 2 ]
Every 3 years  
 11%  [ 4 ]
Every 4 years  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Every 5 years  
 8%  [ 3 ]
When it looks bad  
 58%  [ 21 ]
Other reason  
 11%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 36

blueberries

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 1:23 pm
I have a custom sheitel for over 5 years now. Some of my friends get a new sheitel every 3 years or so. Am I being cheap just because im holding on my sheitel for over 5 years. My sheitel looks nice on me so why spend money to buy a new one. How often do you buy a new sheitel?

doctorima

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 1:25 pm
The easy answer is when it looks bad. Unfortunately for me because I wear it a lot and don't take such good care of it, that's usually every 2-3 years. Sad

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 2:14 pm
I haven't bought a new sheitel since I got married almost 10 years ago. The ones I have are still (mostly) fine.

Strawberry2

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 2:17 pm
With the price of shaitels these days I waited until I had no choice.

AlwaysGrateful

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 2:27 pm
It really depends on the circumstance, you realize. For example, as a WAHM, I wear my sheitel part of the day on Shabbos..and that's it. Which means that it's lasted me almost eight years, and is still going strong! If you wear a sheitel every day to work, there are still differences. Do you wear it when your hair is wet? Do you take it off as soon as you walk in the front door? Do you have a different one for Shabbos and special occasions? Do you wash and set it yourself or take it somewhere? How often do you wash it? How do you comb it, and how often?

Any one of those can change the life of a sheitel. Don't feel like you need to replace it just because other people did. Hey, I think everyone I know has replaced theirs already, and mine is still going strong...so why throw my money away, just to keep up with the Cohenses?

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Oct 07 2013, 3:06 pm
I chose other but I would also say when it looks bad.

Like you said, if its good why spend more money on a new one?

I have been married 3.5 years and I got two right before I got married. One expensive and one cheap. Not crazy over the $$$ one and love the $ one. After 3 years when the cheaper one is faling apart (I do still wear it though) I bought a new shabbos one, also a cheap one.
Love it.

I do not understand how these ladies (my sils included) spend $2000 + on new shietels every 3-5 years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels