Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Thinking of buying a shaina wig

black sheep

Post Thu, Dec 29 2011, 11:16 pm
I am considering buying a shaina wig, because they are so affordable, and a friends of mine has one that looks amazing. the only reason I'm nervous is because I don't know anyone else who has one, and I need more feedback before making such a huge purchase. does anyone here have a shaina? how long did it last you? is the hair sleek/ frizzy, etc? please give me feedback, thanks.

Factory Girl

Post Sun, Jan 08 2012, 2:25 pm
im in the same boat
I am considering it too, bc it seems really afforable, but noone I know has one, so im not sure either..

BUMP!

sima

Post Fri, Jan 13 2012, 10:55 am
I'm considering one too. do they have a site to look at pics even
thanks

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Jan 13 2012, 11:01 am
I'm considering one too! I heard from one person who was super happy with it, but it was new. I want to know how it lasts, and I want to know from more people.

Last edited by amother on Fri, Aug 21 2020, 9:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Rikolla3

Post Fri, Jan 13 2012, 11:39 am
I got one about a month ago. it seems ok, nothing compared to my higher quality wigs. its very long and does knot but thats with long wigs in general!

eshmelky

Post Sun, Jan 22 2012, 2:27 am
I have a few friends who have bought shaina's and I personally have bought one recently. For the money, you won't find any other wig of this quality and length. I have friends who are obsessed with their's and have worn them beautifully for a long time and friends who had problems with them ie: hair falling out. (she was given a new one in exchange however as they do have a six month guarantee and usually if the wig has problems you'll def see it within the first six months). Anyway if you are going for an affordable shaitel that is really long you just wont find one like it anywhere else that I know of. I think you just need to really examine the one you are going to buy and make sure that its good quality since each shaitel is individual. Good Luck!

ilanarivkah

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 6:48 am
For those who have a Shaina: are they hand-tied or wefts of hair?

thanks,
I

Ay Jay Jay

Post Fri, Aug 31 2012, 2:39 am
I know a lot of people with Shaina's, some happy and some not.

I went to 1 of their sales a year ago and was shocked by the texture of the hair. For blonde particularly, it was so processed that it literally looked like horse hair. It is Asian hair. Maybe if you have dark hair you will be more lucky. The blonde and wavy would definitely be EXTREMELY processed.
I met a woman at the sale who bought a shaina, the main blonde color that they have, didnt wear it very often. she had it for a few months and it oxidized so much to the point that it was almost white. It looked like bleach. This is what can happen with a wig that is naturally black, since it is asian hair, and has been so so processed.
The quality, especially for blondes, is definitely not great- but I do believe you get what you pay for.

Factory Girl

Post Fri, Aug 31 2012, 5:24 pm
Ay Jay Jay wrote:
I know a lot of people with Shaina's, some happy and some not.

I went to 1 of their sales a year ago and was shocked by the texture of the hair. For blonde particularly, it was so processed that it literally looked like horse hair. It is Asian hair. Maybe if you have dark hair you will be more lucky. The blonde and wavy would definitely be EXTREMELY processed.
I met a woman at the sale who bought a shaina, the main blonde color that they have, didnt wear it very often. she had it for a few months and it oxidized so much to the point that it was almost white. It looked like bleach. This is what can happen with a wig that is naturally black, since it is asian hair, and has been so so processed.
The quality, especially for blondes, is definitely not great- but I do believe you get what you pay for.

ugh, I was really hoping to hear something good about them!Sad/.... having blond hair I have such a hard time finding a nice wig with the right color, I know I know, custome made wigs match to blonds beautifully, but I dont have that kind of money right now.. this sucks~

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 6:59 pm
Factory Girl wrote:

ugh, I was really hoping to hear something good about them!Sad/.... having blond hair I have such a hard time finding a nice wig with the right color, I know I know, custome made wigs match to blonds beautifully, but I dont have that kind of money right now.. this sucks~

You should check out the Miri Classic wigs. They are not made of European hair (the regular Miri's are) so the prices are much more affordable, but the hair, including the blondes, look so nice that you would never guess they are not European.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 7:01 pm
- Sorry double entry, my mistake.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 05 2024, 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total

db815

Post Mon, Sep 03 2012, 7:06 pm
I just baught a sary wig...it is supposed to be european, colored by the lady from shevy, and cut by somone else, I dont remember...anyway thats what the lady who sold it to me said...its blonde and rlllyyy long and beautiful paid on sale 1300-, Ill let you know how it goes, maybe it can work for u!

Factory Girl

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 12:46 pm
SVFL wrote:
Factory Girl wrote:

You should check out the Miri Classic wigs. They are not made of European hair (the regular Miri's are) so the prices are much more affordable, but the hair, including the blondes, look so nice that you would never guess they are not European.

thank you, im going to check them out!

eshmelky

Post Thu, Oct 17 2013, 4:14 pm
I have a Shaina Wig. Prior to me buying it, I knew of a friend who had a gorgeous shaina that she was really happy about, and another friend who had a shaina that ended up having a shedding hair problem (they tried fixing it, and ended up replacing the wig for a fall which she doesnt love but this was all within the six months) I now have my wig for about almost two years and its completely unwearable. It has a major knotting problem, that iv'e been told couldn't even be fixed at this point. I don't know if I would have noticed it within six months but I rarely wear a wig so it didn't get bad quickly enough. The wig is super long and cost me 675. If not for this defect I really would love the wig but I'm not about to buy another shaina due to hearing so many stories of defects like mine. Even 675 is alot of money for a wig that I barely wore to only last less than 2 years.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels