Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Help Fight for Idan

stay

Post Sun, Aug 25 2013, 11:42 pm
So I received approval from Yael to post about this buy wasn't sure about the proper forum. If I need to repost in the correct forum please let me know.

I've been following this story recently of a young baby named Idan who is battling a rare disorder. his parents are struggling to come up with the money to pay for his bone marrow transplant and subsequent chemo (as their insurance company considers it an "out of network" expense). I'm not related to this baby nor do I know the parents, but I am trying to spread the word so that people can donate to this cause. I have a baby myself (as do other imamothers) and I can't imagine the horrors baby Idan's parents must be going through. This Rosh Hashanah, the words "who will live and who will die" takes on a literal meaning for Idan's parents, as their choice for Idan (to have the transplant) itself poses a fatal risk.

I have donated and I ask other imamothers, during the time leading to rosh hashana,to donate or daven for a successful transplant and recovery after chemo. I decided to post about this on inamother because even if just one person reads this and donates or davens for Idan, that is enough reason to post. I'm going to try to find his full name for tehillim and post it here.

His donation page can be found here:
http://www.youcaring.com/medic.....63532

Here are links to other sites describing Idan's story:
http://www.jewishpress.com/sec.....8/21/

http://www.timesofisrael.com/I.....baby/

Tizku lemitzvot!

stay

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 3:38 pm
I've just found out that the baby's Hebrew name is IDAN YARDEN BEN ESTHER. Please keep him in mind when you say tehillim or daven. The date of his upcoming bone marrow transplant is fast approaching.

And, if any imamothers can, please donate to his page I posted in the post above. Yom Kippur is approaching and I know it's a minhag to give more tzedaka prior to Yom Kippur - so please consider donating to help this precious baby boy. I can't imagine what his parents are going through to try to come up with the costs to pay for this procedure, which they hope will cure his disease.

Thank you, and tizku l'mitzvot!

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 11 2013, 6:23 pm
May Hashem help them find a refuah shelaima for IDAN YARDEN BEN ESTHER !!!

stay

Post Tue, Oct 22 2013, 7:54 pm
As an update to interested imamothers, Idan's bone marrow transplant will begin tonight at 11 PM (Seattle time I believe) and the procedure will continue through to the next day. The procedure is risky (and carries a mortality risk) and the parents hope that the procedure goes well, otherwise baby Idan will have to do chemo and a transplant all over again. Please, if you can, say tehillim for Idan Yarden ben Esther.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics