Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Brown baggers: waht do you pack for lunch?
Previous  1  2

lkwdwife2009

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 12:59 pm
I bought these on Amazon and prepare lunch for my toddler, husband and myself in it:

http://www.amazon.com/EasyLunc.....chbox

for adults a sandwich with lite mayo and sliced egg or anything you like, cut up veggies and or fruit in the compartments.

Also, I started bringing salad in a washable container. Saw a recipe in Ami where it doesnt get soggy. Basically start with feta cheese or whatever is wettest, then veggies, then quinoa or rice (I skip starch) and top it with the lettuce. You can take dressing separately or when I just want lemon juice I squeeze lemon over the feta keeps away from the lettuce.

Salads, sandwiches, fruit and veggies should all be prepared the night before (didnt do that last night and today was a hectic morning)!!

amother

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 3:05 pm
I make myself all sorts of very hearty soups - some with meat, some with lentils, always with tons of vegetables and spices. Then I freeze large, meal-size portions of the soup in plastic containers. Each day I pull out one random soup and bring it to work. Bonus...since it's frozen, it won't spill on the way to work! And it always just thaws out by lunch time. I warm it up and enjoy a giant bowl of hearty soup. So yummy and healthy!

Capitalchick

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 3:30 pm
I bought these ginormous 9-cup containers. My husband and I take huge salads to work. They're really really big and super filling. We usually start with a layer of lettuce, then maybe a specialty lettuce on top, like arugula, then top that with lots of cut veggies, some beans and/or tuna/egg/deli meat/tofu, and then some nuts/seeds and/or fibre one cereal. We pack a tiny container of dressing right into the huge container, and bring it all to work.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics