Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Your input wanted! cheapest place to shop in Boro Park
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 10:23 pm
Actually I wasn't just thinking, it was disturbing and distressing me to no end.
Which is why I came back on to search for the post and respond, thinking maybe that I could do something to help for the coming yom tov. Your organization idea is great, seems like no matter how many there are they aren't enough if there are still people struggling. I am not a major philanthropist or a multi millionaire, nor did I win the lottery recently. But I can surely spare something, as can so many of us. I was literally pained and unable to concentrate.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 15 2013, 11:18 pm
Wow! What ahavas yisroel! I am blown away.

Look it will be very difficult for me to accept $$$$ or items although trust me I can use every cent. I need to buy a bunk bed desperately. I need three vinyl shades from the hardware store.

I owe money in the grocery, fish store and butcher.

I can tell you amother though, that besides for myself there are so many others struggling financially for one reason or another.

I would consider it a zchus if you find a relative neighbor classmate friend shul mate that you can donate to as a zchus for a yeshuah for me!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 5:02 am
There are always people looking to give away bunk beds. You can check the furniture gmachs of Nshei ahavas chesed or the Torah times. Until you get regular shades you can pick up temporary shades for $5 that look decent. As for donating to relatives and friends I already do that as much as I can. BH most of them are managing a bit better but still I help them out whenever I see the opportunity.

I don't help those that have parents or grandparents with means to help even though some of them are able to sit and watch their children or grandchildren suffer and don't offer any help whatsoever.

But there are so many young people today that for whatever reason have difficulty making ends meet.

And I don't think searching for cheaper places to shop will make that much of a difference. Maybe a little, but not that much.

So let's think of additional creative ways of how we can help you. There is nothing wrong with accepting help when you need it.
There are many wonderful people out there who want to help. Are able to help. And someday you can pay it forward when you can afford that.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 7:11 am
Thanks for the tips!
You really sound like a very special person.
Trust me my creativity is maxed out just dealing with life
If your creative juices start flowing, I'll bow and take if only for my family's sake.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 16 2013, 7:29 am
another vote for shopping at rosners

amother

Post Wed, Sep 18 2013, 11:52 am
Just received a chain call by Rav Kaminetsky that made me cry. He didn't ask for any specific money or for any organization. Just that everyone should look around and try to help those that need help. But sometimes its hard to see! You give me a code word or first name or tell me where you owe money and I want to pay down the debt. You don't have to know who I am and I don't have to know how you are. How can we do this? Or how else can we provide for your needs?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 7:42 pm
I'm not familiar with the imamother rules
if you are still interested in helping out amother above
please respond with an email address and I will email you
thanks

amother

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 8:31 pm
The rules are that the only place someone can post an email address is the private sections. This section is public and no email addresses can or should be posted in the public forum. I think you need to contact Yael or a moderator and ask her if there is a way or place to post your needs so that people who want to can help you. Maybe you make a list of things or amounts you need now, and see who may have the things you need or want to help pay for them at this time.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 8:38 pm
thanks so much for taking the time to reply

ROFL

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 8:59 pm
Hey OP are you getting tomche Shabbos. Maybe you are eligible. I once invited a friend for Shabbos and she wanted to give me her tomchi Shabbos package. Of course I refused but she got some good food there.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 9:02 pm
ROFL wrote:
Hey OP are you getting tomche Shabbos. Maybe you are eligible. I once invited a friend for Shabbos and she wanted to give me her tomchi Shabbos package. Of course I refused but she got some good food there.
Tomchei Shabbos has not been accepting new families for a while now. They do not have the funds. They don't even pick up the phone.

ROFL

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 9:13 pm
I am surprised to hear that about tomchei shabbas. What about a place like masbia? Are there other orginazation out there that can help?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 17 2013, 11:36 pm
amother wrote:
ROFL wrote:
Tomchei Shabbos has not been accepting new families for a while now. They do not have the funds. They don't even pick up the phone.

That is so sad to hear. Time for some new organizations.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics