Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How much money did Nefesh B'Nefesh give you?
Previous  1  2

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 8:03 am
I believe the conditipn for getting money is that u return it if u leave before three yrs. They called me randomly occasionally during the first three yrs. I assume they were checking that I was still here.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 12:54 pm
We made aliyah a few years ago to a community of mostly olim and I only know one family that got money- 1,000. If you have any assets they will not give- they told us not even to apply, because it would be a waste of our time to fill out all the paperwork. Facilitating aliyah through financial grants is a very small part of what they do now; I believe they save their financial incentives for people who "Go North" or "Go South"

amother

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 12:59 pm
I made aliyah when I was single. I wrote an essay about how I had just finished nursing school in the US, but wanted to work in Israel as a nurse, and I was given $4000. But I dont think thats the norm these days.

Liba

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 1:06 pm
amother wrote:
We made aliyah a few years ago to a community of mostly olim and I only know one family that got money- 1,000. If you have any assets they will not give- they told us not even to apply, because it would be a waste of our time to fill out all the paperwork. Facilitating aliyah through financial grants is a very small part of what they do now; I believe they save their financial incentives for people who "Go North" or "Go South"

When I made aliya they made a big deal about how they *only* give if people have assets and a viable plan to make things work. They gave us a pretty decent grant B"H and I had a job I was bringing with me and we had money from selling out house in the states. That was their policy 8-9 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if things have changed, but 180* seems a bit odd.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 1:14 pm
That is what they told us. We were automatically disqualified because we owned our home. This was 3 years ago. Most of my friends made aliyah in the last 2-5 years and received nothing either. From what I understand things are very different than they were 8-9 years ago.

amother

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 1:20 pm
$500 but I stupidly forgot to take it. It was just me making alliya, and that was 2 years ago.

Sanguine

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 1:37 pm
I came before NBN - I thought they give you $10,000 and if you leave within 10 years you have to give it back - Don't know where I got my info. Maybe those of us who came earlier made it up when we were grumping about how we missed it Wink

On the NBN topic - If you didn't come with NBN (or even if you did) try to go to the airport to greet one of their planes- You don't have to know someone coming - It's an amazing experience.

You wait in the old terminal. When the plane lands they drive it up in front of you - Everyone runs out (you're going out backwards where ppl used to come in past passport contol. Everyone stands waving Israeli flags and the olim come on buses from the plane - Each bus that comes people who know people making aliya run to see if they're on that bus. The plane is about 300 meters in front of you so you see the people come down the stairs and get on the buses.

There's such excitement. You see all these families with their little kids, bags and dreams!!

The whole thing is really touching. There are speeches (which no one wants to hear) and food

If you need an aliya lift - Come and remember the fresh excitement you came with

amother

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 4:19 am
I made Aliyah 5 years ago while living in Israel- through nbn.
I was newly married, with a minimum wage job.
They gave me 2500$
In those days it went a long way .. LOL

Liba

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 5:28 am
Most people I know who came before NBN got more help from the Israeli government. Kitzvat yeladim was much higher then, there were more grants for buying homes, and sal klitah was higher. My family members who came before NBN all got significant grants, higher than the NBN grants toward buying their homes.

smss

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 5:30 am
just a point - if you've been here for 18 months in the past (7? I don't remember exactly how many) years, even not consecutively, they don't give you anything, and you are also not eligible for sal klita. this might apply to people who were here for seminary/yeshiva/school etc. - just something to be aware of.

Liba

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 5:43 am
smss wrote:
just a point - if you've been here for 18 months in the past (7? I don't remember exactly how many) years, even not consecutively, they don't give you anything, and you are also not eligible for sal klita. this might apply to people who were here for seminary/yeshiva/school etc. - just something to be aware of.

Yeshiva does count.

We made aliya 8 years after we got married but started the process about 7 years after we got married (which is when DH came back from E"Y). When we started the process we were told that we only got benefits because we had been out of E"Y for just long enough.

http://www.nbn.org.il/aliyahpe......html

amother

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 5:45 am
I know a family who had 4 kids when they made Aliyah about 9 years ago. They got 20,000 dollars. They owned their home and were not needy by any stretch. Like anything else, they "knew" people. NBN did a lot of good but sadly they are known for some...er.... dubious behavior. Olim get a lot less now. Anyone remember how it came out a couple years ago about NBN staff making hundreds of thousands of dollars salary? in other words, it's not an org anyone should count on.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 7:55 am
amother wrote:
I know a family who had 4 kids when they made Aliyah about 9 years ago. They got 20,000 dollars. They owned their home and were not needy by any stretch. Like anything else, they "knew" people. NBN did a lot of good but sadly they are known for some...er.... dubious behavior. Olim get a lot less now. Anyone remember how it came out a couple years ago about NBN staff making hundreds of thousands of dollars salary? in other words, it's not an org anyone should count on.

We came about the same time, in similar circumstances, with no connections at all, and got the same amount of money. It had nothing to do with knowing anyone. It isn't, or at least wasn't, a need based grant.

Peanut2

Post Wed, Nov 27 2013, 10:14 am
Yeah they used to give a lot of money and it was based on single/married/family to a large extent.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions