Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How much money did Nefesh B'Nefesh give you?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 2:45 pm
How much money did Nefesh B'Nefesh give you when you made aliyah?

Marion

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 2:52 pm
Nothing. They didn't exist yet.

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 3:52 pm
A few thousand

amother

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 3:56 pm
I asked the same question to a friend who made aliya but she said that as a condition for getting money you're supposed to sign a confidentiality agreement with nbn not to discuss. so she didn't tell me.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 4:06 pm
"A few thousand" Were you applying as a single applicant, married, or with kids?

I'm thinking about making aliyah from America, and I'm married to an Israeli citizen, but I'm concerned about financial aid, and my single friends who made aliyah from within Israel only got around 1500. I just wanted to check to see if other people got around the same or more than that for financial planning. Thanks!

Liba

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 4:09 pm
In order to get our check we had to sign a paper saying we wouldn't disclose the amount. I don't think my number (family of 5, all new olim, making aliya from the US almost 9 years ago) would help you anyway.

Hatzlacha figuring it out!

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 4:12 pm
Each person gets a different amount based on income and their funding availability at that time.
I dont remember signing anything regarding confidentiality although I dont think its healthy to compare.
I made aliyah b4 our wedding.

vicki

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 4:43 pm
$0. I didn't have to sign anything. LOL

amother

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 4:59 pm
I've heard various amounts from different people. Here's what I think it depends on: your bank statement, your marital status, amount of kids you have, and how badly you need the money.
Most likely, a young couple who are unemployed and did not come with a lot of $$ will receive $1,000.
Whatever you do, make sure you write an articulate & well expressed essay.

Liba

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 5:06 pm
Are you saying that you think that people who need the money more get more money or that you think they get less money?

notshanarishona

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 7:12 pm
I have heard from several ppl that nbn is giving less money now then they were a few years ago.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 11:24 pm
Money from NBN directly, not the sal klita... they gave us nothing, 4 years ago. Apparently we made too much, but they also said they have been giving out less and less, with less funding.

catonmylap

Post Mon, Nov 25 2013, 11:42 pm
nothing
made aliya before Nefesh B'Nefesh existed.

wispalover

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 12:32 am
The nbn cash runs out really fast. Same with sal klita. I would advise you to also make sure you have a job lined up because if you struggle financially in the states you might find you also struggle here.
I didn't get anything from nbn cause I moved before they existed, but friends got between 3-4000. So, not a massive amount... Enough to pay for a lift.

Peanut2

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 12:51 am
I also heard they give out less money now.

Some ten years ago they gave my single friends about $5000 each.
Maybe people with massive student loans got more, I don't know.
I heard that they gave around 15k to some families back then.

I never got anything from them, and they don't give out money like they used to.

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 1:31 am
I also made aliyah before they existed so I "only" got the Sal Klita.

OP, dont make aliyah betting on this money. Its an added bonus, but not something to base your income on.

JoyInTheMorning

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 6:24 am
Out of curiosity (my plans do not include aliyah), I know of families who made aliyah with nefesh b'nefesh and then came back to the States a year or two later. Do they have to repay the money if they stay for less than a few years?

Marion

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 7:25 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Out of curiosity (my plans do not include aliyah), I know of families who made aliyah with nefesh b'nefesh and then came back to the States a year or two later. Do they have to repay the money if they stay for less than a few years?
I believe so.

grace413

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 7:31 am
I believe they have to stay at least 3 years.

Liba

Post Tue, Nov 26 2013, 7:56 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:

I don't think that most people who leave tell NBN that they left. When we were having issues with a special needs child after making aliya NBN gave me a bunch of names of people who they thought that lived locally with similar issues, but none of the three people still lived in E"Y and they hadn't for a while.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions