Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Bosch in israel?
Previous  1  2

kalsee

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 7:03 am
smss wrote:
my bosch with the metal bowl cost 1000nis here. in the US the same thing costs $500!! I was so surprised when I saw that price b/c many other appliances are much cheaper there. anyone know why bosch is so cheap here?!

becasue the bosch is european, not american.

southernima

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 11:06 am
smss wrote:
my bosch with the metal bowl cost 1000nis here. in the US the same thing costs $500!! I was so surprised when I saw that price b/c many other appliances are much cheaper there. anyone know why bosch is so cheap here?!

I think it is actually because many of the bosch appliances in israel are made in eastern europe, so they can make them cheaper. While, in america, the bosch appliances sold here are made exclusively in western europe. We just bought a clothes dryer and were amazed how reasonable the prices were by US standards. We looked at several bosch dryers which were all reasonable, but when I asked where it was made, I found out it was usually poland. Where as with Miele, which is made exclusively in western europe was really quite expensive.

I can't speak for bread machines, because I don't know where they are made, but this is the case with dryers AFAIK.

southernima

Post Mon, Dec 09 2013, 11:09 am
Also - to the OP, transformers are a pain, expensive and they do shorten the life of your appliances. Unless you really got such an amazing deal, I would just buy one here - sounds like you can get one here for about $350.

My friend has had her mixer sitting on her shelf for 2 years because its a pain with the heavy transformer.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions